Market share in New Jersey and northeast

Discussion in 'Tornier' started by Anonymous, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Tornier doing in New Jersey/north east. Are they able to compete? Do surgeons like their products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outstanding! Skalski is at the helm!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do well in the south part of NJ. Rep has been there awhile

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many players in the trauma game! If you're not with Synthes, Stryker, or S&N it's a joke! No one cares about the shoulder system! Joke! #metoo

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manager in north jersey came from S&N. solid guy and I know he is trying to build a team. Marketshare is spotty. Enter at your own risk

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"From Smith Nephew" It is a prerequisite to work at Tornier now. It makes the acquision easier when it occurs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think that? Is there anyone else that thinks this will happen?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't say I know the manager super well, but I do know of him and can confirm he came from S&N after being there many yrs. as for Tornier's products, they do have a solid shoulder, just ask any Orthopod that does more than 10 shoulders a yr. the problem is the shoulder is one of the less likely performed surgeries compared to a hip or knee so I question how the volume would be able to put food in your mouth. I know they are trying to enter the market with some other "niche" products (i.e. plates & screws), but like the above poster just mentioned, Stryker & Synthes CONSERVATIVELY own 70% of this market in North Jersey. Sure Acumed, Biomet (Depuy), and Zimmer have products that can compete, but not in this market. I can't even remember the last time I saw Hartzband's crew pushing a trauma product and I definitely can't remember the last time I saw a S&N rep outside of UMDNJ before RV left.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually in north jersey i see a lot of "arthrosurface"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For F&A or shoulder? I had a doc ask me about it earlier this yr and I had never even heard of them until one of my coworkers was telling me about them. I wouldn't say they have ALOT of business

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Def not a lot of shoulder business but ive been in a case its actually not a bad shoulder. F & A i have no idea

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that Mr. Skalski has personally destroyed the Northeast, I will say that the market share is nothing that is once was. I am thankful that I sell against Tornier now and that my days there a few years ago were probably better than they would be if I had stayed. It is apparent that they want to disrupt the sales channel for some reason. The perfect guy to mess up a sales channel is leading the charge here. Keep it going, Naples is raking it in.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suck it, Todd.... I hope you are enjoying your lackluster career.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tornier has disappeared in North NJ and NYC. Most docs think it went belly up, shame really, had a few niche products a buzz about it a few years ago.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't TR get rid of the distributor there who was doing a decent job? Big falling out. If so, that turned out to be another bright move.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TR has truly sunk this company...DM should be ashaimed of himself for allowing it to happen.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many distributors are left now? How long will they last?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think the NE is bad, you should be in the SE now! They replaced the former asd with big "double D". what a joke, just uses the job for a place to party. At least we had some professionalism with the last one. It's only a matter of time before "double D" implodes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N should just buy Tornier since none of their reps are selling the S&N shoulder

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...Smith and Nephew is being acquired by Medtronic;)