Marv...

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Jul 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marv has his consultants spellcheck CP for typos. Then asks them to type up a response for him to cut and paste.

Hey Marv... why the space after 'Loose'? Shouldn't the question mark be immediately after the last word ?*

*Done for effect

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

*Marv said I'm a geek and looser. I'm going to cry.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHY IS MARV STILL SPREADING THE TOXIC FUMES? He's self absorbed and a dictator at best. He needs to go away, "Effective Immediately."

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What I don't get is this total reliance on a computer output to drive decisions. Then HR/VP being COMPLETELY inflexible with any human reasoning from the field as to why it doesn't work and is creating a HORRIBLE toxic work environment. There are reps living 2 hours outside their assigned geographies expected to make 8 calls a day...do the math- it's impossible! You drive 4-6 hours just ACCESSING your territory. It's happening in several markets and no one at HO seems to care. There is nothing good for the company or field person in this scenario. You simply can't try to meet a set of job expectations that is so unrealistic it's laughable and not crash and burn. Who can drive like that- daily? Manage a home and family on top of it? There is NO balance- a simple doc appt means a day out of the field. 'Take a vacation day' they say. Um, morons, at this rate, we will run out of vacation days for simple things WE ALL need to accommodate from time to time in our lives in the first 3 weeks of the calendar year! 10 am mandatory Conf call? A day out of the field- there's no point in driving 4 hours round trip afterwards. Will someone at HO please listen to educated human reason and FIX this!!! We CANNOT be expected to work like this! We are not idiots just whining bc we don't want to work and have no work ethic. WE HAVE BRAINS, ETHICS, AND A MORAL COMPASS AND WANT TO DO RIGHT IN OUR JOBS AND FOR OUR MANAGEMENT! When you blatantly set us up to fail and we know it's a no win situation and one that creates a suddenly completely futile work existence for us- what do you think that does to us mentally? I can try knowing I will fail you and my family. I can not try. Either way, I risk getting fired. I try to report it and hear 'well, if you value your job, you will adjust.' I'm shelling out an additional $600 a month in pet and childcare to 'try' and do a job bc it's for a company I still respect overall. I'm doing weekly overnight travel with elementary aged children. I'm telling you that even with these unfair to me or my family sacrifices I was suddenly thrown into needing to make and FAST, I will STILL never meet these computer generated job expectations because it's physically not possible...and I hear I need to accept all this if I want a job here?

The situations and landscapes the field is being presented with are so insulting to us in so many ways and Marv shows up throwing out motivating sentences that. COMPLETELY GLOSS OVER the reality and then criticizes us for expense reports and call activity. Closing saying 'we will always do the right thing for our people and our customers.' REALLY?

The Timney regime was awful but still livable. This now is some kind of neo-Nazi that I have seen too many times in corporate America and it still leaves me bowing my head in the grief that in the name of 'business' humans treat humans this way and justify their abusive behaviors. Even worse is a Govt and legal system that offers zero protection from this and forces us to live this way to keep our homes and support our families.

Disheartened, and completely deflated to see what's going on...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I knew there were a few people that this happened to but I wonder if it is more widespread than I thought. You are in a disastrous situation. There is zero chance that territory can work for you professionally and even less personally. You need to find something else fast because this place will grind you into oblivion and couldn't care less about your well being or family. Sometimes we all need a kick in the pants to wake us up to the harsh reality of what is going on here. I've personally had enough as well. I'm completely checked out and interviewing weekly. Good luck to you and try to basically check the boxes and get back to your family as soon as possible...sad.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too was laughing when Marv said Purdue takes care of things, people. What a joke. Purdue takes care of Purdue period. People are expendable.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just resigned from Purdue after 14 years. I truly thought I would retire with this company. I've been through 3 downsizings and constant change. But I always had great co-workers and found that, for the most part, Purdue did the right thing. This July that all changed. I too was one given a territory that started 3 hrs from my home. I live smack dab in the middle of one territory but was given a completely unmanageable purple territory. I've worked hard and had many successes with Purdue, but I am unwilling to lie or cheat to meet these expectations. I left without another job... and I carry the insurance for our family. A bit scary... but I don't regret my decision at all.
    I've never posted or commented on here but my exit interview was performed by someone in HR that had only been with the company 3 weeks, so I'm sure my responses feel on deaf ears. I truly hope Purdue can get this figured out as there are some great sales reps here.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck with everything. I am in same boat as a purple but playing the game. Do they give u any severance or at least pay for 2 weeks notice?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe they did the same thing to you that they did to my friend in 2004. Realigned and gave her a travel territory with 3 hr. Drive to the closest point and 100% travel territory. I believe this is a strategy to get people to quit. They thought she would quit but instead she went out in medical leave! Beat them at their own game. They are trying to force people to quit without severance or catch people lying trying to work a 100% travel territory. Purdue is ruthless and I am glad you resigned. It will be the best thing you have done. Get out of the negative culture and go where you will be valued and appreciated! That doesn't exist here at purdue! They quit caring about their employees a Long time ago! They once had heart and it was like a family but greed did away with all that! And here we are!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the same time, there are loads of good people here. Life presents obstacles no matter where you are. Many of us are totally confused right now, but there are so many things happening and big changes around us. Sr management is also in a very tough spot. It's a very odd time- and we are all feeling the effects of that.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone is new or an interim, and nobody cares.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marvs on his last legs. Guy doesn't have a unique thought in his empty head. Craig knows and is making a move

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marv is all about Marv. Watch your back. He'll manipulate every situation to his benefit and snipe anyone and anything that stands in his way. He lives the mantra "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." If you think you're one of his people, you're probably not.

Don't say you haven't been warned

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You listened to this drivel? Why do you give it an ounce of air? The real job is making money in spite of the Marv's & the Lia's of the world. And in spite of market conditions.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you ever heard of overnights? I'm not sure if you are aware but Purdue does allow it. You could probably make more calls if you did them. If you dont want to do that, it's time to move on. Stop complaining and get a different job.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"anonymous, post: 5914282"]Have you ever heard of overnights? I'm not sure if you are aware but Purdue does allow it. You could probably make more calls if you did them. If you dont want to do that, it's time to move on. Stop complaining and get a different job.

Above: You are an idiot!! You are probably the loser who makes up all of your calls and plays video games all day. I too had my territory change and am trying to raise a family. I did not take a job with a 300 mile radius. You don't change the rules in the middle of the game. It's not right!!!! I am sorry for the others, I understand. Move on and find something better. Landau has not communicated well in my opinion. I was really hoping for a big change but now I am looking. This company does not deserve reps who care more about the company than the company cares about them. Marv dies not get it and never will. He skirted around the fact that he f'd up and a real leader does not do that. Truly a pathetic company. I am out!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your comment that this company does not deserve reps who care more about the company than the company cares for them is exactly why you should leave. At some point at Purdue, after many years I realized that I cared and they didn't and I decided to leave because I realized I was an asset and was a rep that really did have something to offer another company. I had been made to feel un-valued and worthless for years in that environment. I can tell you it was the best decision I have ever made! You will land with a company that values and respects you and you will not look back!