Masimo

Discussion in 'Masimo' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2006 at 7:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting comments. I am a rep and fortunately I am one of the ones that is doing very well and have made more money than I have ever made. I agree that 2012 comp plan will be the deciding factor for many people including the reps who are doing well this year. Our SpO2 technology is clearly better and we have no problem convincing customers of this. The problem is pulse oximetry contracts are so long that you may have a territory with no new conversion opportunities because you are locked out by a 5 year contract with Nellcor that still has 3 years left. If this is the case it is difficult to make big money. I agree that they need to start paying on base business or they will continue to lose people. They need to do away with the draw which feels like debt to many people and pay monthly base business with kickers for Nellcor conversions. It is true that you could make 300k one year and make 100k the next. This large variation creates uncertainty in the sales force about the future and any type of doubt causes people to be open to leaving. The money needs to be more stable. In the past when there were only a handful of reps the current model of big checks for conversions worked well because everyone had huge territories and there was always a conversion. With the smaller territories this is not the case. If they want to keep people the base salary and base business pay together need to keep you around 120k. On top of that there needs to be pay for hemoglobin, patient safety net, capital and Conversions. The hemoglobin should just be a percentage of sales. The PSN should be a 1 time payment for each one. The capital needs to be a percentage of sales and conversions need to be lump sum payments depending on the size of the conversion. At plan pay should stay at 170, but there needs to be a stability of a bottom of around 120 if they want good people to stay. This would mean if I had a bad year I would make 140ish. It would also mean on a good year I may not make 300, but only 250. I am fine with that. I think people prefer consistent income. The car allowance is a little week compared to industry standard. Can't wait till January to see what is launched. If they do decide to move to a more revenue base pay model this could be one of the best companies to work for in the industry and people may never leave.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too Funny!!

If anyone was hiring-no one would work at masimo!
    Your tech sux and the INDEPENDENT Peer Review published studies prove it-not the bought and stock paid for crap you call a study (marketing paper) with 2 patients!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya, the market is up huge today! Well how did mess&mo do? Well the DOW is up over 330 points, the Nasdaq and S&P are up too, hmmmmm need a press release for the mo's-they kept tank'n. Get close to that 52 week high again-while others are on the move up. Way to go mess&mo

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the 2012 comp is worse than ever. Uncle Joe's baby. FU - good to know you are making a lot of money. You are one of maybe 3 out of 70. Masimo will never be a good company to work for, when a company plans on no one hitting target goals it is not a positive work enviroment, dont know what your history is but you have no idea what a quality comapny looks like

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you like what was launched?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no one tries anymore. moral at an all time low.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was definately a little different than I expected. Even though the quota for Rainbow and TI are high I think I will make more this year. If you think about it, last year we got paid 15% on rainbow and day 1 this year we are getting 17.5%. That is a 2.5% bump even if you don't come close to your quota. Also, instead of 4% on capital we now get 10%. That is a 15,000 dollar difference for me on what I sold last year. We also get paid 10% on all specialty sensors which will add up to a couple of thousand dollars. The TI seems very similar to last year. I am fortunate because I have some big deals coming in. I do like that they have moved some of the commission to monthly instead of quarterly. I do think it is a little absurd that each territory has to grow at least 20%. Some reps have a 1 million dollar territory and some have a 6 million dollar territory. The 20% minimum on a 6 million dollar territory is nearly impossible and there is base business growth pay tied to this. There is a lot of truth on this site about Masimo. There are a lot of people leaving because they aren't making a lot of money. However, if you have some TI deals come through and even hit half your rainbow number this year you should still push 200k. The at plan pay of 231k is a bit of stretch. Very few will come close to this. In this sales force you have some making 300 and some barely scratching a 100 which is why there is the turnover. There is too much variability year to year and there is a ton of pressure to sell rainbow. I will definately finish this year out as I have deals coming in and should still make over 200. I am very concerned about 2013 and can't promise I will still be around because I may run out of possible Nellcor conversions because there won't be any contracts coming up. You currently can't survive just off of rainbow sales.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year there were very few who made any money. The percentages are too small making any money and too large barely scraping 100k. Add the car allowance and you loose another 6k-8k a year. Healthcare cost for a family are @10k with deduct. I have been lucky so far with good opportunity's but I have a family to think about and with the current cash flow issue (2.5 months draw) it seems irresponsible to not look for a job. Even though I have some great oppotunity's this year I am going to seek employment elsewhere. Just too risky at Masimo. Some of the people that work here are too scummy. Attitudes here are awful and it is depressing to work here

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, I was actually doing a SWOT analysis for a German firm on Masimo's products and was rather impressed with the devices, although all this rainbow-stuff is a bit too childish and colourful for my taste. Nevertheless I thought this was something interesting and innovative, but now I'm pretty shocked to read all these negative comments about the technology and most of all the company. However, I know this might not be quite the right thread to ask this, but what is wrong with 100k per annum? Isn't that massive? Any German would be off his arse with joy to get about 8k per month, that's huuuuuge. Is the US so expensive?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for a group that is impressed with the masimo stuff, I'm sure you would be happy for 100k.
    The problem is we get lots taken out for our car, health insur, and a dozen ways to have to give it back. This company is about the way things look, not the way things are.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100k would not be too bad if that were all there was to it. The problem is 60k base with a 36k draw and $6k car allowance. Over 75% of the sales people owed part of the 36k draw back, so actual pay is around 65k after expenses and 401k deduction for over half the sales team. car and health insurance costs about $15,000 out of pocket. 401k match is well below industry standards in US. Pay has been decreasing for the last 3 years. A new sales force was hired 2 years ago with and we were all told to expect $170k. Masimo sets expectations then falls well short. The main issue with Masimo employees is we do not trust Joe, he lies and he is greedy. He is the opposite of everything he says he believes. He is starting to act insane and paranoid too.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole place is a house of cards. Masimo fights for every commission $ we earn. They find new ways not to pay commissions every month. I feel bad for the people who are still there. I will be gone in a week. I am so happy. The world had become so gray and unhappy for me. Now the fog has cleared and I am out of the bunny hole. Those people are seriously f'd up. You have no idea unless you are involved with them. It is really bad!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh-huh, and there are monkeys flying out of my ass too. Okay Masimo manager, thanks for the input.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are several companies working on glucose. Masimo is one of many. Even if they get it today Masimo can't launch a product correctly and Joe is so greedy it will be very, very, very, very expensive. Thrive on this MF!!!! People who work at Masimo despise Joe Kiani except for the kiss asses in Irvine.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not true. There were no regions where most of the people made more then the base plus draw. half owed money after 2011 and we recieved a comp plan that is worse in 2012. Why is Masimo management looking on this website anyway? You are a piece of shit, too much truth here?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Masimo is killing themselves. Dont have the infrastructure to support current pulse ox business. All this hemoglobin focus is going to destroy the company. Best reps are looking for jobs. Joe hates sales people, pay is low compared to industry standards.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 6 Masimo resumes on my desk right now. Doing a little research to see why everyone is exiting. Companies like this run in cycles and Masimo is in a declining cycle right now. After enough people leave they will restructure the compensation or seek less experienced reps. This is not uncommon. I would not recommend taking a job here now. You will be looking again soon and earn much less pay than you are promised. Ask to speak to current reps before taking the job. There is too much smoke hear for there not to be a fire. Masimo has always had a reputation for high turnover and a small % making the sales goals, not one of your blue chip companies. Be cautious!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, lots of Masimo reps looking for jobs. I am surprised to see it. I guess all those new products arent working out in the comp plan.