Masimo

Discussion in 'Masimo' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2006 at 7:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody is going to die because of a Pronto 7, only 3 have been sold nationwide!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales people very unmotivated. Pay goes down every year. products not working as advertised and owner wont let admit it. Put all commission dollars in bs product line while the shit that got him here is under valued in comp plan. Not very much hope on the horizon.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have talked to several recruiters that said they have more than 1 Masimo resume on their desk. Masimo will end up with the low end of the sales people. Masimo is not a company that can continue to attract great talent anyway. The word is out and the people are looking. I am surprised at just how angry some of the sales people are, it must really be bad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with Masimo a few months back and got the impression the hiring manager was on the job hunt too! I bolted for the door.

5. Kevin Allen

Kevin Allen Guest

I have worked at Masimo's headquarters in Irvine, CA for over 5 years. Is it challenging? ABSOLUTELY

I grew up on a small farm in the midwest and was taught to work hard to achieve your goals in life. The negative comments I read on this site are not only upsetting but 99% false. Take the value of the internet for what it's worth and don't read too much into the information....good or bad.

I welcome a conversation with any individual posting negative comments on this site. I know the reps that have sued the company and I also know of the previous companies they sued as well. These are the same types of individuals that feel a great deal of self-entitlement, complain often, work slowly, and fail in most challenges presented to them in life.

For every negative post I have seen....I can and will provide 10 times that amount of positive letters and emails from patients in hospitals, homes, and alternate care settings praising Masimo's technology for literally saving their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

I have been in sales for Masimo's homecare, sleep, surgical, long term care, veterinarian, small hospital, and physician office divisions during the past 5 years. I have seen and heard it all.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

And by the way....MOSSIMO is a clothing line that has an exclusivity with Target. I like both Target and Mossimo clothes:) But make no mistake....here at MASIMO we manufacture some of the world's most innovative, life-changing products in healthcare. Trust me - we aren't going anywhere.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These comments are not 99% false. The fact of the matter is the majority of the sales force has their resumes on the street and are actively looking for new jobs. A fact the masimo management needs to take seriously but they seem to ignore

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The re-released Pronto-7 is really good. And I mean deluxe-style super-duper good. Yep, she's a winner, a real keeper for sure. Just don't use it on any patients. Because unfortunately it's only flaw is that it's super-duper inaccurate. It's going to kill somebody. But hey, everything else is great! It's shiny and pretty and light weight. And it feels good in your hands. It's a cool ornament of sorts for one to appreciate from a distance. Just don't use it on your Mom, unless of course you dislike your Mom.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this place sounds crazy!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5 people quit last week. They are working towards 100% turnover. Senior people are leaving. It is not that bad a place - low pay, poor healthcare, and micromanagement. THe owner is a huge democrat, traveling with Bill Clinton this week. He will ask for donations for democratic party. Good luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! How does something so inaccurate get past the FDA? Amazing

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy.....it's called money.....and skill at bullshit!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh come on! You know as well as any of us that that is just propaganda fed to them by some Masimo executive. The rest of us aren't afraid to face the fact that the devices do NOT work as well as the executives would have the rest of the world believe. For Pete's sake, take off those rose-coloured glasses!! They just don't suit you!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard everyone was tasked with selling a certain dollar amount of Hb by the end of the year or you are fired. With very little compensation. Is that true?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree with (almost) everything posted here. The problem is management. Every department has major issues with the high turnover rate being the result. There are too many unqualified, incompetent managers and I know many talented people have left for this reason. I don't think Joe is a bad guy and I think Masimo makes good products. But this company has major management issues and I would not recommend Masimo as a place to work or a stock to buy to anyone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not want to work at Masimo. Everything you read here is true and getting worse by the minute. Threats to fire you and very little pay. Terrible management because the good people are looking for jobs and dont want to get promoted. There is not a single decent maanger at Masimo, not one. As bad as all these posts are it really doesnt do justice to how bad it really is to work at Masimo, you really will never believe it unless you experience it and I strongy recomend you dont. It really is a horrible place to work, worse than anything I have ever heard of!! I really, really, really is a bad place to work. Look how many people hate Masimo, you have to know there is something to it!!! Really!!

Call a headhunter or find a Masimo employee(current or former employee - it wont matter) to talk to before you take this job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 people quit this week. I know of at least 6 more that say they are gone soon. Everyone is networking with each other to find jobs. Joe has become that crazy guy on the street that no one wants to make eye contact, funny about pot smoking guy. I remember that guy. I wondered what happened to him.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, sounds like the mid-year meeting got the troops fired up! What a rat's nest! As a happily ex-Masimo employee I remember Joe making the Apple comparison many times. He even ripped off the "Designed in California by . . " thing from Apple. Check out a Radical-7. It's hilarious. He thinks he's Steve Jobs, but the only thing they have in common is the anti-social behavior and questionable personal hygien thing. Steve could get away with it because he was a once in a century genius who literally changed the world. Joe? Not so much! But don't tell him. I remember when he wanted the PR guy to get him on the cover of Time magazine for inventing hemoglobin monitoring! Anyway, I think the only reason some of the managers and VPs are still there (beside the fact that many of them suck and couldn't get a job anywhere else) is because they were granted huge amounts of stock options when it was trading near $40 and now it's $20. They are in the hole (literally and figuratively) and can't get out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Masimo culture will suck the life out of you. Horrible, horrible, horrible culture run by a bunch a low class ego maniacs. Low pay, no benefits, terrible car allowance and threats to fire you if you dont sell Hb, and no one wants it. Military ordered a bunch last year and now I heard they are suing. You do not want anything to do with Masimo. Your life will be miserable. It would be hard to find a more useless group of managers. Please tell your friends that no matter how bad your current job situation is it will be worse if you come work here, even if you are unemployeed. Ask if you can talk to a current employee, read between the lines of what they are saying to you. Most people wont get negative with current employer unless it is anonymous.