Masimo

Discussion in 'Masimo' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2006 at 7:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aug 2012 - Hemoglobin has been a bigger flop than anyone could have predicted. I thought it would suck but no one thought it would be this bad. Joe wont let it go. Moral at an all time low, comp plan consists of sell or get fired. You might make $100k and you get to pay for your own car minus a pitiful $275 a month after taxes, no maintenance, only gas. So bad. you loose a lot of money each month even if you drive an old cheap car.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying not to

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its funny...I have been reading and following this thread and how unhappy people are at Masimo. I got a call from a recruiter today..and it sounds like the income is pretty damn good.

80-110K base depending on experience
    $5000 a month for 6 months unrecoverable draw (read guaranteed and no payback)
    Month 7-12 you are on a $5000 draw that is recoverable.

Sounds like a high paying job to me......

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Please, What a Lie

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG please!! Don't tell us you're drinking the koolaid before you're even here! Did you even read the previous few pages and all the other posts in the other discussions?! What you read here is not even half of the negativity and disdain with which the executives of this place treat their employees. Yeah, my recruiter promised me the sun and moon too, and I didn't do enough homework to know what to expect...MY bad!! Now with the economy stuck the way it is (so much for "change"), I'm stuck with this deadend job for a company that has the worst reputation in the industry and treats people worse than any company I've ever in my life worked for. But as soon as I get another offer, I'm out the door faster than you can spit. You're here, supposedly reading what we're trying to tell you, so you've made an attempt to do some homework. If you take the job even after all you've read, then you're either stupid or ... well, I can't think of another word to describe you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should take the job, tell us all in 6 months how you feel then, now that will be funny!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the product you will be selling? Hopefully its hemoglobin, that shit is flying off the shelves!!! Masimo thinks stocking orders are a marketing strategy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a recoverable draw? Does that not give you a clue?? Stupid is a good word for you

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm maybe you are the one who needs remedial english.
    Recoverable means..........you owe them draw, IF,.......you dont sell anything.
    Sounds like a sales job...so SELL SELL SELL.....right?

Even if you banked the 100K salary, and 6x $5000, your making $130 minimum.
    Not bad.............

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please take the job!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you going to be selling?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work with an OEM and we work with Masimo. Masimo has become the train wreck me and some of my collegues have not been able to turn away from. I can tell you from an outside perspective that Masimo has had a lot of turn over in my area in the last 3 years and no one ever goes away happy, in fact they are extremely unhappy and cant wait to quit. THe last person told me the health plan was $5000 deductable and the cost to him was very high, so you can subtract $5000 plus what you will pay as a high insurance premium. I know the car allowance was not very good either but I dont know what it was so ask that question. 401k was questionable too so I would ask that question too. $5000 draw is good if the product is selling which I hear it is not. I dont know of a single account in the 6 states I cover that uses hemoglobin monitoring, but I only call on hospitals larger than 300 beds. Ask to speak to other reps and 2 accounts that are buying what you are going to be selling in your territory. Masimo has a history of suing reps and vice versa, there has to be something to all this when you consider all the facts plus all these posts from reps and what looks like corporate insiders, just a thought. I dont know you and you might fit right into Masimo. I personally would not take a job with a company that has a reputation like Masimo without asking a ton of questions and then I still wouldn't do it. Masimo has a very bad reputation in the industry, You may remember in the 1990's Medline had this reputation and it was true at the time - it is my understanding they are a good company now. Bard had the same reputation and I know several people who worked there and it was true there too. Dont know about them now. I would be very careful, I have never heard of a recoverable draw, have an attorney review before you sign and get clarity, what happens if you leave or get fired and owe them money, what if you cant pay them back? Do they sue you? They have that reputation of suing people and firing them on a whim. That would suck to be unemployeed and get sued for whatever money you have, 401k or kids college savings. I am sure you are a smart person, think it through, I have seen too many good people get into trouble with Masimo and it took a few years to get back to where they were. Do your due diligence, I am sure you will. Best of luck!! Sometimes not doing anything is the right thing to do. There is a plan for all of us.

Please let us know what product you will be selling and if you take the job. What you are describing is more than what Masimo has traditionally paid for regular account managers. Everyone deserves to know the truth about companies before they get involved, a bad choice can really hurt the family. I really do wish you the best!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The position is for the RAINBOW line.....
    Is this a good product line?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did they tell you to expect to make second year?

What is the product you would be selling?

Everyone wants to know because this is much higher than current employees make, please share. Was the recruiter from Masimo or an outside recruiter? Please keep us updated on what your are being told, we will share our thoughts honestly.

You want to be careful with Masimo, you are playing with a snake.

A lot of people have quit recently. I would like to know if there is a new message or the same old BS.

Most of these posts are Masimo employees, there is too much internal material for it to be otherwise, you can get honest feedback if you share honestly. Some people are angry but I would ask everyone to response in kind so we know what is being marketed to potentially new employees

Put yourself in this persons shoes when you respond, they dont know what its like here. What if it were you? Don't you wish someone would have told you the truth before you took this job, I know I do!!!! Hopefully I would have listened and not gotten into this jam. I know there are a lot of people from Masimo who look at this site.

We all know Masimo is trying to reload the sales people and talk of hiring a new hemoglobin sales force again, what about the person in charge of it? WOW that is going to suck to work for him, they need to know that before they leave a good job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Its hemoglobin and respiratory rate monitoring. Hemoglobin is not being used at all in hospitals, very expensive and it doesn't work very well. Respiratory Rate is better but needs Safety Net system to provide maximum effectiveness and it is expensive. Customers must have Masimo monitor in room and very few hospitals use stand alone bedside monitors these days. In addition you are trying to get hospitals to set protocols which they are reluctant to do. Ask for a list of hospitals that use the products in your area, I am confident they will maybe have 1-2 and most likely none. I dont need to know what area you are in to make that comment. It is a ground up building position and the products have been on the market for 5 and 3 years respectively. They havent taken off yet and this is a last ditch effort to make something happen. If it doesn't work and history tells us it won't work you will be out of a job in a year. Someone said it earlier, it just depends on what you are doing now and don't stop looking for another job if you take one with Masimo.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not. Trust everyone on this site and go find something else. Trust us. Everything you read here is true. Only when you live it does it create this much anger. You are going to do what you think is best so if you take the job please post here in 6 months.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rainbow is not good. Won't make a dime. Don't take any money on a recoverable draw, you will owe!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cant believe you guys have gotten used to the phrase "recoverable draw" and all the other stuff I am reading. Masimo is becoming an urban legend amoung medical reps. WOW!!!!

How about "Stockholm syndrome"? Do you realize how crazy all this sounds to outsiders?? I have seen some wierd stuff on Kiani and Masimo so I am tempted to believe some of it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about glucose? Is it really coming soon? I was told that would be a part of the bag, what were you told?