Mass exodus from oncology

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's like an abusive relationship. Where a parent beats their children. Those children go on the harm their children. That's the cycle GSK has created. I can remember when all we heard from leadership was that we had to be in the field from 8-5. All other work related activities could not be conducted during those times or you would be punished. Storage unit runs, expense reports, business planning and even auto repairs all to be done before 8AM after 5PM or on the weekends. Then came an overtime lawsuit. Anyone remember that? You should. It went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. GSK won that case. But it came at a cost to GSK. Sales reps are considered non-exempt employees. Which means our jobs have no defined time of day or night in which to perform our roles. Yes, there are guidelines but no fast hard rules. When was the last time you heard you have to be in the field between 8 and 5? The company, in its sneaky way, just stopped talking about this once steadfast rule. GSK's culture is flawed from its foundation all the way to the top. And as one of the above posts read, recruiters and other companies are aware. If you ever go on an interview, look up the last CIA agreement. Print it out and show it to the person interviewing you. Explain how our leadership got rid of sales numbers and placed us a flawed and biased behaviors metric where cheating was the name of the game. They will have already heard of this and shake their heads in disbelief. No other company, NO OTHER COMPANY, has ever done something like this. As I said, we are toxic to the core. If you expect anything different after so many decades, you are a complete fool!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No value placed on oncology experience and relationships with HCPs.

The Company wants you to leave so that they can hire mindless PC reps, and pay them 30-40% less and tell them to march in formation according to the high command.

Soon this will be a training ground for reps who want to get into oncology for the first time. Of course after they get a couple years experience they will bolt for better opportunities.

Seen it before at other big pharma that try to run oncology like all their other businesses.

Also expect headcount reductions to hit the radar by end of year.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

see BMS

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be honest, the oncology division is much better than PC. As is our biologics and HIV divisions. The problem is systemic toxic and inept leadership that has managed to cross over. I wish I could say otherwise but it's the truth. It will not change. At this point it can't change and will only get worse. Leadership hired all "yes" men and women who will say, and in some cases, do anything to climb the corporate ladder. Most of these individuals only made it one rung up that proverbial ladder all the way to FLL. aka DSM. So when you have field leadership afraid to speak truth to power coupled with over inflated egos with a dash of questionable ethics, you have GSK. A toxic soup that cannot be thrown out. In order to do so would require a complete overhaul of middle and low level managers. (FLLs, RSDs and SVPs). They all need to go! But it won't happen. They will say anything and do anything to keep their jobs. Numbers are down..whip the reps. Call activity down..whip the reps. Any problem...it's the reps. Just look at the CIA we had several years ago. It was caused by mid and upper leadership. Guess who got stuck the taking arduous unrealistic tests? The reps! We were punished for leaderships crimes. Yes, crimes! So to those in oncology, so sorry for you. But misery loves company. So welcome to GSK!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with most of this post. However why is everyone complaining? Count your luck stars that you have a fairly good paying job, you have limited physical interactions with these horrible FLLs, and we haven’t had a waste of time sales meeting in a year. Not bad when you think about it. Oh and if you are gonna tell me that you have regular access at your accounts than good for you, you have nothing to worry about. Just level With your FLL and tell him/her that you know that job is bs and they need you to survive. You’d be surprised at how well that will go over.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Face facts.....reps who love these jobs are lazy, selfish, entitled humans who don't want to trouble themselves to earn an honest living, but want to be paid a big salary. It's pathetic....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry you’re stuck in primary care. Go deliver lunch now, caterer boy!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are no better, rep. You're a caterer with a fancier title.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...and make a lot more money. Don’t forget about that Dopey.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

shut up, follower

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait!?! GSK has oncology? I thought they dumped all their onc stuff onto Novartis in exchange for the vax stuff!?!?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, primary care boy, You know how you feel about contract sales teams? That’s how oncology looks at you!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know how HQ looks at you? You're are just a rep, a fancy title loser. You're all the same to us, dumb ass.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ???

hahaha!!!

pathetic overhead!! WE in the field GENERATE REVENUE to support the cash draining HQ slubs. Why you so mad about our fancy titles, bruh?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure you do, stupid. How much revenue does your territory, district, and region generate? Give the numbers and the region name. You don't know the answer, nor do you know how to compute. Now, fuck off, Directional U Grad.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How stupid are you? You don’t think I know EXACTLY how my territory is performing? That’s why I’m part of the elite Oncology team. That’s why I get a superior compensation package. GSK pays those who generate income for the company. Be gone now silly one. Enjoy HQ cube jockey. Go have a piece of cake in the break room, it’s Brenda’s birthday today!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you don't, stupid. No one outside of GSK Oncology is calling the oncology team elite. You're pathetic. Call yourself whatever you would like. In the end, you are still just a rep. You are correct, it is Brenda's birthday. I will go have some cake. Is it not time for you go order a cake, for a clinic's Valentines Day party, that you promised to provide?

Get better. Your insults are idiotic and juvenile.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But I still get paid better than you....that’s elite

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Solid burn, rep. You're a presumptuous idiot. However, I like that you believe that you're important and make more money. Now, stop messing around on this site. You need to concentrate. I would hate for you to not be let back into an office because you misspelled "V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E" on your cake order.