Mass Exodus from Vaccines (VBU)

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 27, 2021 at 12:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone is leaving Vaccines. What in the Jimmy crickets is going on? I thought GSK said they were trying to retain talent??? This isn’t a good sign. All over the state people are resigning. I think at least 3 to 4 people resigned this week alone.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The good people are leaving..the lazy people stay and take up space.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too True. Working on my exit

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not just specific to the VBU. There is an exodus from all areas of the company. It's so true, people with talent and ability are leaving. The mediocre remain. I just took another job a few months ago and from what I am reading, I made a good decision. Couldn't take inept leadership having me coco, role-play and giving me the hero to zero treatment every other quarter. Look at the current FLL's, how long have they been in those roles? Decades! F-ing decades! No room for advancement. And when there is an opportunity GSK fills those positions with FLL's from other divisions or from other companies. How many recent managerial promotions have had someone placed directly from the field? I can't think of one in the past 5 years. Then you have unattainable sales goals. If you achieve goal one quarter you can bet your bottom dollar you won't hit it the next quarter. Then comes the A1 business plan that we had to come up with to show our RSD's how we will improved on our failure. Everything is knee jerk and hyper-responsive. The pipeline? LMAO! I came back to this site after 3 months and nothing as changed. Good luck to all my old friends and colleagues. My heart goes out to you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been in the VBU for 10 years... I was offered my new job during our fast start meetings and am very happy to be leaving. Starting in April for more pay and much better benefits. This place is extraordinary toxic. It is like being in an abusive relationship and you feel some days you don’t know how to get out. My advice is to apply and work as much as you can to get out. Merck is taking over the marketplace anyways and our pipeline is dead in the water for the foreseeable future. I am the first of many on my team that are going to be leaving, most are applying for jobs as I write this.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Curious..what is it that makes it toxic? Is your leader? Or are you worried about individual goals?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad you asked. Our leader is VERY toxic. All my teammates are trying to get out. Numbers don’t bother me a bit, my new job will be more numbers based than what we are going to. I used to be 100% commission based in device sales years ago but had to hang up due to starting a family. Much prefer an extremely competitive numbers based program.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Toxic leadership seems to be a theme at GSK. They probably think that leading by fear is the best way to motivate employees...sad that our leaders don’t think that the core values apply to them

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are no leaders at GSK. Only misleaders

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Individual goals are irrelevant when we are deciled.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deciled. Another way of saying anyone with a 5 or lower is on the chopping block. As far as toxic leadership, someone made a comment about how long FLL's have been in their current roles. On average it's 15 years. Far too long to be in an entry level managerial role. Think of it like tenure in the education system. Once you're in your free to slack off without consequence. At GSK, FLL's have huge egos with godlike complexes. Fear is the first and only management tool they have. Someone give us an example of a manager motivating with positivity...just one example. You can't. It's all about "coaching opportunities" and call metrics. Pandemic be damned. They don't care nor know how to manage. Toxic an ineptitude. Those are the best descriptions I can give to our management team. How many layoffs have there been in the last 15 years? I'll tell you..four! Another layoff is on the way so don't say you weren't warned. That will be 5 in 15 years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why should they? Is it bc they are sending too many micro aggressions your way?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dumb asses unite!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes you’re right, two of the leaders in vaccines both females came from the respiratory leadership team here in the upper Midwest. They left respiratory because of the short shelf life there. Moved to vaccines with hopes of a better future. Haha

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many people left respiratory several years ago to come over to vaccines. They felt the culture was better. And yes it was up until the time Al left. I just recently left immunology to come over here to vaccines… Because I felt it would be a better culture. Much to my surprise it is not. The ships a sinking!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a couple exceptions regarding manager uselessness. There are a couple decent capable managers, otherwise this post is accurate.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Camille Sun's FLL's mirror her and are best described as self serving inept morons.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of her FLLs are the best in the business but are not allowed to think or act for themselves under her leadership.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Here in CA as well. So many talented people have left commercial marketing that they have addressed it on at least the last 2 or 3 national calls.

I haven't been aware of a lot of reps leaving my area yet but maybe they just aren't announcing it