Massive Layoffs This Week

Discussion in 'Somaxon' started by Anonymous, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VK sucked, she didn't care about people in the field all she cared about was her own personal gain. At meetings when she was asked questions up on the stage she couldn't even answer, as if she knew nothing... I worked hard for that company, I thought we were supposed to be one big family. Wrong!! Everyone in mgt had selfish intentions and for that alone Silenor is and will be a bust

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Without selfish intention" is too much to ask. For a good Rep, "selfish intention" is OK, but he/she should be smart enough to perform excellently.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont care , i already have an interview with a company called Strativa! Looks really promising and the manager is great!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard you guys are starting to hire again? what areas?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wherea the new terrioties being interviewed for??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just got my last paycheck...$111...are they kidding!?! what happened to the two weeks of severance we were getting? This really bites! It's bad enough when you finish in the top 10% of the nation, they pay you 45% of your bonus & then lie in the media that your territory wasn't performing!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We already got our "2 week severance".....We were let go on November 2, and paid until November 16. This last check was for one day of pay (November 15 was the last day of the pay period) plus any vacation time that was accrued but not used. Happy Holidays! I can't wait until everything dries up at Somaxon ---- karma!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard of Mike Allen....he was the VP of sales at Ther X who got all loaded at a sales meeting in Orlando and was "inappropriate" and was forced to go to rehab and then in the end was still fired. He likes his Johnny Walker Black! Great hire!!

9. Greg Carter

Greg Carter Guest

WOW!! I sent Somaxon a resume for an Inside Sales rep position about two weeks ago (June 14, 2012). I was looking for their phone number to call and check the status...and found this page. I think I'll belay that phone call. I've been on enough sinking ships to know one when I see it. Thanks for the warning, guys and dolls.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very smart on your part to avoid this company ast all cost. Check out the stock price and google the press releases, etc... Even the public information you will find validates what you have read on this forum. Hopefully, you will find a better job with a more solid future soon. Good luck out there!

11. Greg Carter

Greg Carter Guest

Ok, I submitted a resume for the Inside Sales job and got called for an interview. After reading all these posts, I had decided I wasn't going to get on this sinking ship, but I figure I'd go to hear what they had to say.

Red flag #1: Their office is a ghost town, just empty offices and cubicles. They've got room for 40 people and only six work there.

So I'm listening to the guy and he sounds pretty upbeat about the future of Somaxon. If I hadn't done my research beforehand, I would have believed the company is going to bounce back.

Red flag #2: The underlying problem still exists; they have an over-priced, mediocre product. It competes against similar offerings that are cheaper, have way more market share, far better brand recognition and work just as well or better. So good luck with that, Somaxon.

Anyways, their new strategy is to replace field sales with inside sales. That's it. To fix all their problems, they've adopted a different sales channel for the same tepid product.

Red flag #3: You can COVER a dog turd with as much icing as you like but it will never become a cupcake; it's still just frosted shit.

Who knows; maybe this new sales strategy will work. I doubt it, but I've been wrong before. Unless they make a MAJOR turn around (unikely when they're selling the same product that's already failed) in my opinion there's an 80% chance they'll be out of business by the end of 2013--perhaps sooner.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't go back for the 2nd interview.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS--someone here said that after the major layoff of the sales force in 11/2011 there were 34 field sales reps left. i don't know if that number is correct but as of today, there are less than 15.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, that many? I would have guessed around 5.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason the 15 stuck around is to get "President's Club" by default...lol