McKesson purchasing Masters Pharmaceuticals ????

Discussion in 'McKesson' started by anonymous, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a beautiful building for sure! Mason is top community in that area so it’s a great grab for McKesson.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The “shirt return” analogy is SPOT ON as it references the business transaction. If you think the pharmacy owner that is pulling this return scheme to profit is only concerned about the patient, you are crazy. Trading prescription medicines around the country because you have a “pedigree” ... really...this is the problem.

Fraud is illegal regardless if you are talking about a shirt or prescription med. it is FRAUD as you are stealing.

Kool Aid is bad for you and in this case will get you arrested.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love how this pharmacy owner is so concerned about using a pedigree to procure medicine to better the life of his or her patients.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do you think that this company gives a hoot about the patient???? They have lost their DEA license for goodness sake. Not an easy thing to do.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's going to happen to the Washington Courthouse location? Is it closing? Will those employees be commuting to Mason, OH?
    Also, are there any McKesson outside sales reps on this thread? I would think their jobs would be in jeopardy with McKesson taking on a call center? Is there a need to be out in the field? Call center reps can cover more territory in a day.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would doubt that McKesson would expect employees to commute from Washington Courthouse to Mason. That is way too far of a commute.

Telemarketers cannot replace the salespeople in the field. I could see the field salesforce being trimmed but telephones are no substitute for live sales calls.

Unless there is significant expansion planned for Mason facility, I don't see it being a McKesson distribution center. The 3PL portion of the acquisition will likely use this facility exclusively unless they add space.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll take my Masters inside sales rep over my McKesson rep any day. I'm sure I speak for many Pharmacy owners! Masters is the only source I get honest market prices and industry information from.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll take my Masters inside sales rep over my McKesson rep any day. I'm sure I speak for many Pharmacy owners! Masters is the only source I get honest market prices and industry information from.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one knows full story? Everyone has heard something different!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any updates or movement? From Masters or McKesson folks?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess this acquisition is going to happen. Only upside for Masters employees as McKesson is a real company. Awful quiet though??????

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Acquisition is closing on January 4th

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congrats to those who benefit from acquisition and best of luck to those who do not.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confirmed with a key employee that document was signed today and deal will close on 1/1/18...keys go to McKesson...Money will change hands on 1/4/18...ALL employees have been offered positions by McKesson.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any news on whether or not McKesson now owns Masters, River City, RxTPL, etc?????

No press release.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

McKesson notified all suppliers today...acquisition is complete...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will any of the current management team be retained or is Mckesson going to now run this business?

Will Masters & River City continue to sell diverted products?

Will they continue to purchase from pharmacies?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, McKesson bought River City, Masters, and RXTPL. As of now management is the same only time will tell if they will be there in the future. No more buying from distributors, or pharmacies, only manufacturers. Called my rep this week and they are basically out of stock of everything. I hope it gets better for them I have been buying from my rep for years, and they literally were out of all the product I usually buy there.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Based on what I have heard, most of the management team will be retained for a period of time and executives who stay will have to sign a non-competition clause. The owner's son, who happens to be president of Masters, has already started another competing company and will also continue to grow his long term care pharmacy which also operates as a distributor. The family also owns MHC Medical and will likely put all efforts into turning it into a successful company.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had been a loyal Masters customer but the deal merchandise has disappeared from the website and when I call in the rep she said that the deal merchandise that was not direct from the manufacturer had to be sold by Jan 1st because Mckesson will not allow them to sell it anymore. I also buy from another small company name Independent Pharmaceutical out of Cincinnati Ohio. The website is not quite up to date but the in-house promos are fantastic. This is the toll free 888-258-5036. There are many companies out there that will benefit from the Masters/McKesson purchase so take advantage while the other distributors are trying to win your business.