McKesson purchasing Masters Pharmaceuticals ????

Discussion in 'McKesson' started by anonymous, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Masters has gone "legit". They no longer purchase product that has been passed around the country. They had been buying products from their own family-owned pharmacies who purchase from AmeriSource Bergen Corporation because the pharmacies claim to be a "long term care" pharmacy and that qualifies them for better pricing. No longer as McKesson, and other reputable wholesalers, protect the supply chain and purchases only directly from the manufacturer. The size of McKesson should allow them to offer you competitive pricing across the board...

Also, you will not see the pirated branded products at deep discounts that they used to sell. These were diverted deals that were purchased from pharmacy shelves all over the country.

I would be VERY careful purchasing from Independent Pharmaceutical as they purchase all of their inventory "sideways"...This is a company comprised of old Masters employees.

Keysource Medical is a reputable company here in Cincinnati that gets competitive pricing and only purchases only from the manufacturer. A good alternative for pharmacies in the area who prefer to purchase from a smaller company. Also, Capital Wholesale is a smaller wholesaler that offers the good customer service that you would expect from a small company.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would suggest buying from every Independently owned Distributor as they are out to help the Independent Pharmacy. Acquisitions raise prices as it eliminates the competition. Master is legit and was legit as all follow the requirements set forth. but they don't have the deal merchandise that they once had which they can not provide the same value as the Independent Distributors their margins are controlled by McKesson so we all know what that means higher $$$'s for the Independent Pharmacy. I

Vawd is the problem... the other Distributors are "LEGIT" but the manufacturers are not willing to "take care" of the people who can't promise 1mm a year. So they are forced to buy from the VAWD accredited Wholesaler. What do you mean I get pedigrees from Independent that have Masters and RiverCity on them. Are they still "adding" to the "problem"? HMMMMM

Why does Masters and RiverCity still sell to other Distributors?
    Suggestion: To all my pharmacy friends - call Masters and ask what their deals are you will be shocked at what they do not have. Literally not one deal and I bought from them two times a week. I now buy only what I save on and call the other Independent Distributors for the deals.

Mckesson controls their profit margins and it is not a small margin. Take advantage of everyone where you can that is the only way to make it in the industry.

There are more than 20 companies who are not owned buy Big Wholesalers and they are doing everything they can to earn the business Masters will lose due to not having deal merchandise. They have all applied for VAWD and all have extension letters.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The distributors that are buying from Hutcheson Wholesale are just taking the product Masters can't buy just because they are now McKesson The rep told me he was Masters biggest vendor. That product has to go somewhere and it is the EXACT same product you bought from Masters. Does that make it wrong for other Distributors to build their business the EXACT same way Masters built their business.

For Masters to be throwing shade at small companies they were trying to buy withing the past 5 or 6 years it a little ugly as they are operating the exact same way Masters/RiverCity had done up until Jan 1st. I hope it works out for every sales rep hired on there as it will be a big hit for them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The management team from Masters/River City will be back as they have a distributor business ready to go once they are no longer employed by McKesson. I am not sure if non-competition clauses have been signed but I would imagine the owner's son and a few others cannot compete in the "phone sales" arena for 3-5 years should they leave or get terminated.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Posters above are really tainted as the "deal merchandise" discussed is nothing short of shady. There is a reason for regulations (DCSA/VAWD) that are now required in US supply chain to protect the integrity of the medicine that patients receive from their pharmacy.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any recent updates as to what this means for Masters long term?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The owner's son got demoted from "President" title.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He will not be there long since daddy is no longer there.