MD Imposes Preauthorization for G04282 & G04283

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All you corrupt labs you time is running out. MD Medicaid requires preauthorizaion for the G04282 & G04283. This is the beginning of the end for most tox labs. These labs bill these 2 code 90% of the time to inflate their average req collections! I was told by insurance companies- United, Aetna, BC and others that they will soon follow suit on this. It will be required for IN & OON labs. I have also been told by PA., NJ, CT, NY and FL medicaid, they will be doing the same. I can;t wait for more of these crooks to go out of business. Medically unnecessary testing all because of greed. I hope you all go bankrupt!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is bad news. The company I work for is in big trouble if this is true. They bill these codes on all samples. The owner, RB, will flip out if this happens industry wide. Time to fire up the resume just in case!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Repent, the end is nigh"

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is happening at all insurers in 2018. Try getting by on $80 per req you crooks. You will all be bankrupt by the end of 2018. So many labs are closing and if you are no in network by 2018 you will die a quick death! I am so glad I own a lab that is full service and in network with 90% of insurers. If you don;t believe this is happening call the insurers your self. Not only is this happening but all OON labs will require preauthorization for all testing in 2018. You all suck!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha this troll above me. No one listen to him he's bitching on many posts making up nonsense. He owns a lab that has no business so he's spitting his bitch game to try and scare. Move along u tool bag crying on a website

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone in this industry needs to wake up and see that toxicology labs like Millenium, Ameritox, PCS, Calloway abused the system for years. Even though these labs are either out of business or close to bankruptcy, CMS and private insurers are pissed. They view all tox labs as crooks and resort to anything to get some of their money back. This posting is true and by the time you realize it you will be up to your neck in audits with millions due back to the Medicare, Medicaid and private insurers. Stop gaming the system, bill correctly for actually medically necessary testing and this will all blow over. Continue to bill like you do now and the end will soon be near.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for a lab in Maryland. Had a sales meeting last Wednesday and was informed of this letter. My lab also gave us how our client's order percentage of these 2 codes. My clients are at 52%. I reached out to 8 clients already. They told me that Maryland Medicaid reached out to them and informed them of what my company bills. Maryland Medicaid threatened them over the orders.They told me they are going to screens only and will probably only order about 1/3 of the confirmations they used to. I am taking a huge hit to my commission. I wan not even aware my company was billing these codes? I just like my pay.