Meaningless busywork given praise

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a colleague that repeats data onto a spreadsheet that GSK 360 gives us automatically and is pointless to make it into another document. Also, our FLL acts surpised that this report self generates and pretty much pretends it wouldn't generate unless our colleague copied & pasted it. Anyway, they both really love it and he's praised regularly for something we already have. I'm forced to give fake praise or else I'll be shunned.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to play the game, or get out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell me something new!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's sad that the mantra is "play the game" ... after a while reality is blurred. Hard to have any respect.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have to agree, this can be very demotivating.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You choose to play the game! GSK management sets the rules. You bitch and complain about the rules. When you are n charge then you can make the rules until the Play by their rules or find another game to play. That is how the world works!

I know, we'll all need a place to vent! But how many times do we have to hear the same rant and rave that has only one outcome!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's funny how we have to pretend this is a great service being provided, that's the real problem. I can get a good amount of data from our tools we have already and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see if samples are moving. Once again, fake it till you make it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You evidently don't like yourself and hate your job, if you have one. Why not just quit kid, and get something you enjoy......lotsa' people would like your job.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait till Veeva sfa rolls out. Will solve all of your problems as well as the new resp dashboard suite of reports from IQ.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Corporate paid defender working overtime today. Must wuashany dissent. You operating out of Russia and trained on disseminating fake news?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suck it queer bait !

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of people would hate this job too. Aside from the flexibility of the job, most of the people who force their fake ways of operating make it bad. Do you realize what I said about faking things about being the bigger point? How many jobs or people that want them want to fake things? If that makes you feel great then pat yourself On the back. Willingly ignoring reality and having busy work tasks to create a fake appearance doesn't make a great work place.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think that will change anything? The same people making up double work will find a way to make a maze out of something simple.

Another funny assignment is listing my top payers and prescribers every few weeks to please someone. It's laughable, it's not hard doing this but it's funny someone thinks clicking sort largest to smallest requires extra work.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oohh. Corporate defender getting angry and nasty!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't understand why FLLs don't review who reps "say they frequently call on" and then ask to see those doctors on ride alongs! If I was a manager that would be the first thing I did . Jump in the car and say "you've seen Dr X 15 times this year and I've never met him, let's go there first". Wonder how many reps would start being honest while entering calls. Such a joke.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just do your tracker and shut your pie hole. Oink oink

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean my tracker or the tracker to track the tracker? Oh and let's schedule a web ex to discuss the trackers and the tracker to track the trackers and what that means for our business and how to design the perfect call and then lets figure out a way to track those calls!!!! GSK 2017 folks-not kidding

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The trackers are funny too, they are totally misused here. If things are able to be measured from input information such as calls, you really don't need a tracker since it's already being done.......Yet again busy work from others not understanding or ignoring our current technology.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HONEST and ENTERING CALLS all in the same sentence! There is no honesty in entering calls because there is no standardization of what defines a call. Sure we all can resite the corporate definition of a call, but I am talking about a call in the real world environment today. An environment that demands reach and frequency metrics on HCPs that work behind the walls of an IDN where for all intent and purposes their management do not want their providers wasting their time with drug reps. So, in this real world environment a call is defined as any attempt at interaction with an HCP. I repeat, "Any Attempt at Interaction with an HCP". Now that's a call ! I came, I asked for face time, I was denied, I left a PI, program invite, etc, I said, " see you in a week"! .........CALL.........

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh oh, the return of Douche Bagans.