Meathead celgene I&I reps

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If normal rules of interviewing and hiring existed, you might be right. However, since Celgene made it clear that they did not want to see or hear about successes, but instead wanted to know your favorite color and how awesome high school and college were... And then proceeded to pass on hundreds of polished, tenured, award-winning reps with well-established relationships in the specialties Celgene would be calling on... For reps and managers with NO management experience, only a year or two as a PC rep with mediocre companies and CSOs, job hoppers and those who only stayed at any company long enough for their manager to realize they were not working and fire them... I'm thinking you and I both know that I am right- there was a tremendous amount of talent available to Celgene, but they chose instead to hire people who never would have gotten a so much as a phone interview at a decent company. By the way, the only thing worse than being mediocre is being unaware of your own mediocrity.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's pharma you dopes! Nobody has any talent! It's a girl job for part time moms!!
    COME ON !!
    SHEESH!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like the kind of job hopping meathead moron that Celgene hires... I know it is hard to believe for someone who has been in the industry for 5 minutes and hopped from one PC CSO job to another in that time period, but there are actually reps out there who know what they are doing and are trusted and respected by their customers. When you are surrounded by 20-something airheads, it is hard to believe that there are reps who actually earn their paycheck. Many of them are in the specialties you are supposed to be calling on- if you went to work once in a while, you'd know.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can tell you have been out of work for awhile....1996 was a long time ago

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, I am not out of work. I have a very good job with a much better company than Celgene. I just enjoy watching Jerry's kids beat their chests and pretend they are something special.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surrrre. And where are you "watching" this?? The tv in your head?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol... should have known I'd have to spell it out for you. Try to stay with me here...

"Jerry's kids" refers to the mentally retarded, google it.

When I said, "I enjoy watching Jerry's kids beat their chests and pretend they are something special," I was referring to watching you and the rest of the mental midgets from Celgene getting all fired up about how great you are and how great Celgene is and how great your manager told you Otezla is doing, despite the fact that you are surrounded by obvious indications to the contrary. (Please feel free to look up any words you did not understand.) Do you really think your job hopping, contract hack coworkers are the best of the best? Look around. You are in the albatross group. (You may need to google that as well.)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have such a great job and life is so great then why do you waste time posting on a message board for a company that you don't work for? Even more, why do you care how the company is doing and why so obsessed with the level of sales reps they have hired. Get a life man. Seriously

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again where are you "watching" this unfold? I would love to sit with you one on one and see what ur made of.....not even in my league trust me

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what contract company did you come from?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In offices... On the rare occasion that you are not too hungover to work and it's a light day at the gym... Gotta get huge!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is person is spot on. It was very apparent in Miami that Celgene hired people that had no qualifications for "biotech". I was very disappointed in the caliber of people at the meeting. I had people on my team that never had a drop of sales experience. I was in shock. That would never have happened anywhere else. I think that Ron likes it this way, an old Texas man surrounded by his beauties. Very disappointed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares, idiot? Club Celgene was on fire! Those hotties were passing out room keys!
    yeah baby!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we know that Celgene hired hot chicks. Get over it

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I met good reps at the meeting and some idiots. Same as with every other company I have ever been with

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all a bunch of idiots! I've been with Celgene since 2007 and worked my ass off to get to the position I'm in. It's hard for a woman to make it in the business world on talent alone! You don't know how many ass grabs, feel coppings, cleavage starings, "if you want the promotion you're going to have to show me just how much you want it"'s, accidental water on breasts spillings, upskirt photos, and even down SHIRT photos! There are so many naked pictures of me on the internet uploaded by my bastard coworkers that I'm afraid my future children might come across them accidentally some day. This is part of my job, its part of my life so I have to just put up with this crap, let them take their pictures, let them have their way with me and just smile and keep going.
    How dare you say Celgene hired women just because they're hot? They hired me because I'm strong willed and capable of withstanding abuse and perservering through difficult situations.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron is a lizard, something that should've become extinct but gentrified into an obscure outlier of the human species... I just watched the discovery channel and think I know the period he comes from!!!

what was he thinking when he okayed 65% of these employees in the expansion, many I met in the meeting were remarkably mediocre but top heavy with pretty girls... this will lead eventually to bad bad performance but he gets his rocks off in the meantime

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry...no respect at all for you...YOU cause all this to happen to you....by dressing inappropriately (no "up skirt" photos can be taken if the skirt is knee length, or "down shirt" photos if the top isn't revealing), and by placing yourself in a situation where someone can take a picture of you naked (what on earth were you doing, and why was there someone else there at the time?...were you drunk?!)....none of what you described happens to women who dress and act in a professional manner. To be proud of "withstanding abuse" is mentally ill. Please don't have any "future children".

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was very interested in this company. Honestly, I still am. I was diagnosed with a severe AI disease that Otezla had the potential to have an indication for. Made it to 3rd round of interviews with BJ, RSM, we had several mutual influential relationships. I use the term "relationships" loosely, as none were very fond of this asshat. This guy was the most cynical, arrogant, and socially inept person I have ever met. First question this guy asks, "Sooo, what was your "thing" in high school? Everyone has a thing. What was yours?" I am 36 years old, I have 8 years of award winning pharma years, I have an AI disease that I could possibly take Otezla for and strong relationships with Derm and Rheum in my territory, as a patient. He then goes on to bash the timing of my entrance into the pharma industry. Saying, and I quote, "So everyone else was jumping off a sinking ship, and you were jumping on? Everyone else wanted to be saved by the life boats and you were wanting to drown." Then he arrogantly giggled. To this point I was taken back by the whole interview, but now I was quite offended. I had spent 40+ hours preparing for this interview, and this is the dialogue I was greeted with? I made it very clear that I didn't appreciate the tone or questions. Sarcastically, apologized for wasting his time, and let him and the DM know that I was still interested in the position, but that it is apparent that ship had sailed.

It's tough to find a career you are passionate about, and I honestly thought I had found something positive. A position where I could get up every morning and know I could indirectly help someone that was dealing with the same disabling AI symptoms that I experience. It wasn't in the cards, and that is okay, but damn this guy was such insufferable C U Next Tuesday. I met several I&I reps and many were very impressive so I can't comment on their lack of capabilities, but if this guy was in charge of hiring them all I can only imagine the majority were hired with the wrong intentions. I have never posted on here, and don't want to come off whiney. I am completely content with where I am, but I just felt compelled to share my experience with blowjob Jackson. and yes BJ, if you are reading, I am sure you have put the pieces together, tough guy. Feel free to call me back. I would welcome a sit down with you to discuss your behavior in our interview. Or we could save our breath for something that required more stress on our cardiovascular system. I wish the company, the division, and the patients on this product nothing but success. Take Care All.