Medapproved.com

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone run into this latest drain on my money? Now apparently one of my hospitals will only allow new product after you go through medapproved.com.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have experienced this in several of my accounts. It is the latest and greatest in the products committee stalling process. I call it the "sales prevention 202 program" Most of time you do not know if your product is actually being evaluated by a real person. You certainly have no one to call if you would like an update and no one seems to know who is on the committees

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think I was the only one trying to get new product in.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We need a class-action lawsuit on behalf of patients vs. every hospital using this system. It completely removes clinical input from the equation so that patient care has no impact on the decision process. Every product approval decision is now based purely on cost. What will happen next is a patient will be injured by a cheap product, that patient's blood will be on the hands of the hospital purchasing people using this system, but it will be the surgeon who pays. Do buyers carry malpractice insurance? Do they have prescription pads on their desks?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should be on the other end....by the time I get it through all the committee's and the hoops Medapproved makes you jump through, the product/device is already obsolete!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that's the whole point....Delay/block new product introductions as a means of controlling costs and Medapproved is the tool.