Medical Device sales yes or no?

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by Aaron, Nov 25, 2019 at 8:53 AM.

1. Aaron

Aaron new user

So I’m at a bit of a crossroads in my life. I have a BS business finance degree. I found out real quick I do not want to sit at a desk for the rest of my life. As of right now I’m not doing anything with my degree. I actually have several years of experience working with durable medical equipment as a delivery technician. I’m entertaining the thought of attending the medical sales college. I have actually already applied and got accepted. Before I take that leap I just wanted some info from people in the industry. I’ve heard all the grueling stories of the stress from trying to meet quota and such. Is it really that hard? I’ve been known to have issues with anxiety as is lol. That can be controlled to some extent. I’m just wanting to pay down student debt. I just think it sounds interesting. The sales guy with our DME company doesn’t seem like he does too much lol. I’m doing pretty much all of his work and interacting with patients. I appreciate any and all feedback. Also, I don’t feel like much room for advancement where I’m at. I’m almost to the point of going over the road and driving a truck lol. Yes or no? To pursue or not to pursue.