Medical liaisons

Discussion in 'Elan' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does Elan still have Medical Liaisons with no product? Who are you calling on? Do you really think this will be a long lasting job?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you care?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any body hanging around here is out of their mind

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so don't, malcontents are not welcome anyway

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not malcontent Just smart. Smart people learn from past history. Knowing the history of this company if you think you're in the right place you are an idiot

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

talk about the blind leading the blind-medical science team trained by peers with less experience than some on the team! And now we will promote them with a bigger title to inflate their own egos! geesh....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Experience does not always equal intelligence and if anything, history has shown that it does not always equal an ability to train others. Considering this is the only team to survive numerous cutbacks, I would say it is a great place to be, and considering the number of people who have left and come back, I am not the only person to think this way. Throwing digs at those who are doing their best to provide training under difficult circumstances seems churlish and your comments about those who have been promoted hints at jealousy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People are returning because there are no other jobs, that is the only reason. You have leaders of this team who are not even qualified to do the job. Past sales managers leading the science team. This is a conflict of interest. I think this is what the past poster was trying to say. It looks like they are just trying to keep someone that they like employed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm just happy that maniac in NY/NJ went to Novartis. See you later

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what i am saying is those of us left here, lets not fool ourselves into actually believing we are real medical liaisons. There is no real training, and i think the people who have left will see the difference in the medical support and training they get elsewhere. this is a medical job in title only:( we would get chewed up alive from any competitive company. lets face it-the only person who was giving us any credibility went to be an MSL leader for Norvartis!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hat off to you! I give you credit for being real!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the most interesting man in the world. Scott Wikoff

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is Karen Kims brother. Enough said

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Elan shareholders and interested parties,

A number of shareholders have pointed me toward a recent disclosure from Amarin Corporation regarding a transaction that occurred between Elan and Amarin in 2009. I was unaware of either the transaction or the disclosure, and was therefore troubled to learn that this was yet another example of a conflict of interests at Elan.

In July of 2010, Amarin, a biotechnology company based in Ireland , disclosed that Elan had paid it $700K to regain control of a product which Elan had out-licensed to Amarin for free. Until 2009 the former Vice Chairman of Elan Mr. Thomas Lynch was Chairman and CEO of Amarin. The timeline of this transaction is as follows:

* March 6th 2007, Amarin licenses nasal Lorazepam from Elan. There is no initial license payment to Elan;
    * January 9th 2008, Amarin announces a positive result from a pre-clinical trial testing the absorption of Lorazepam in animals;
    * December 31st 2008, Amarin pays Elan $192K;
    * July 22, 2009, Elan pays Amarin $700K to repurchase all Lorazepam rights.

It is surprising to see that Elan gave away a product prior to conducting standard preclinical studies, only to repurchase it less than a year after these studies were completed for over three times what it received in payment. Elan’s rationale for doing this remains a mystery, since the Company has made no public statements about its intentions to develop Lorazepam. These events would simply reflect a series of poor decisions by Elan’s management were it not for Amarin’s insistence, in their recent disclosure, on highlighting that Elan’s Chief Financial Officer, Shane Cooke, is the brother of Amarin’s then Chief Operating Officer, Alan Cooke.

A transaction involving familial conflict of interests at public companies, where one party is so clearly favored over the other, is both unusual and troubling in the current environment. If Amarin was compelled to make this disclosure, why wasn’t Elan? That the dollar figures involved are not material does not supersede the fact that two brothers at two public companies were involved in a transaction which resulted in a sweetheart deal for the one.

All US companies, regardless of their size, are required to report insider dealings and conflicts of interest at an officer or director level, especially where family members are involved. Elan claims to practice a high level of corporate governance, yet its Management and, presumably, the Board kept this conflict from investors. What justifies this? What is the Company’s threshold for disclosing deals with family members? How many similar conflicts of interest remain undisclosed? Did Amarin’s auditors force them to disclose the conflict? If so, do Elan’s auditors know this conflict existed? I would like for the CFO and the board to help me understand the basis for this transaction and for why Elan never publicly disclosed this conflict.

Ib Sonderby

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard a new guy is running Med Affairs? What is the down low? All minds want to know? Is it Steve Ishista?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No some guy from Biogen Idec/ Steve Y

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what now for the CSLS? no risk map -biogen running it completely, no accts-biib again taking the lead on these, YIKES!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last leg of the chair to fall- the Great Kelly & KK strike one last time. Thank you for your loyalty!