Medical Sales College - Best Way Into Med Sales Period!!

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to the Medical Sales College in January. It was the best thing I've ever done! While you hear the cry babies let me assure you if you check out the site, Facebook, LinkedIn or check with any major company, you will learn this is the very best!

The best teams are always hated, the best company always hated. This is the best!!!! Others are just pissed that they didn't get in or are losing all of the recruting business to them.

Thank you MCS!!!!

You guys are the best!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person must work for the College. I had a few interview and asked the hiring managers if I had attended the college would I have been hired and they don't me that wasn't the determining factor. He told me I need to have some strong B2B background and they can train us, he was so cool and even told me which companies to work for before applying again.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey kool aid drinker,

the best way to get into a high end sales job is hard work and exposure to smart people, also known as networking.

if they college was so good, then there would be no need to get a 4 year degree or an advanced degree or even pursue an entry level sales job.

Keep the fools, fooled. Wise people will not fall for it. And I hope stupid people that believe your lies, will come to their senses before throwing thier money away.

Knowledge is power, not some stupid course that means nothing in the real world.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how in the world did the device industry ever survive before the Medical Sales College. why is there so much negativity?

MSC would have you believe that just one person is responsible for page after page of negativity.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahah most people who aren't in the industry don't know about Cafepharma and those that do are in Pharma not medical. If you are trying to transition, you do not need a school help. You don't pay anyone to place you! This school is a scam. Network through your contacts. Look at the number of posts by this school. Do they spend any money on real advertising? Are the linked (and not them tellin you they are) any of the big Companies. If you go to the Stryker website to you see an endorsement for this school? NO you won't, Stryker threatend to sue the old name and will again the new name if they continue to use their name to recruit students. Save your money take a device rep to lunch and work their recruiter list.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great message from the other Medical Sales College thread...

It is absurd making an effort to fight an individual that has and will continue to hide as the anonymous poster. I can assure you that this individual has much more time on his hands than we do. We can assume the motive, as we are confidant the source.

On January 29th, this individual between 1:20 and 2:56 launched another campaign across several threads that he created earlier to spark additional debate that he could comment back and forth and appear as several people. This has been repeated several times.

What you NEVER see are examples or more important a name that can confirm the comments and why he feels that way. Of course we know why he doesn’t submit his name.

He continues to post on threads that have no relevance in hope that under a company name might seek more exposure. Obviously, this person seeks personal gain through this campaign. Additional comments are so absurd such as “lawsuits, class-actions and recently made mention that a company is suing our school for use of their name. Our company has never received a formal complaint from a student or litigation of any kind nor has a company contacted us about unauthorized use of a logo or representation.

This like everything else from this poster is a blatant lie.

We have had several hundreds of people both new to the industry and existing representatives that we have trained our educational programs. Unfortunately, our educational programs do not ensure 100% success. That is up to the individual that we train. Therefore, cases do exist like any training offered in which not everyone would be happy. Specifically when you work with the high volume of people as we do. Logically, if one would feel “scammed” it would be obvious to first complain to the State Education Commission (if they had a claim we ARE bonded which would allow the department to refund or compensate a former student). Since the inception of the Medical Sales College no student has EVER complained. The next logical step would be to file a grievance or complaint with the Better Business Bureau as they work with businesses to resolve amicably any complaints. It is not unlikely to find a company with complaints (specifically high volumes) but again we have nothing! We are not registered with the BBB nor pay them any fee. Lastly, the next logical solution would be to contact the Attorney General office. The education commission has direct representation with this department and our numbers (placements) have been verified through the AG office.

The only negative information you see against the Medical Sales College is the last resort (Cafepharma) in which is 100% unsubstantiated, opinion based and naturally motivated with an agenda (could be recruiter or unplaced student). It would be obvious why somebody would use this resource (CP) as it allows for pure fabrication. As someone previously has asked, if someone whom has attended the program would specifically comment on how they were “scammed”, I could respond. However, nobody has responded therefore naturally I can assume that all comments are unfounded and agenda driven.

To the latest comment about the “big three”, I will have a response for that in a few minutes.

Shannon Marshall
    Director of Social Media

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

part 2 of 2

Thanks Shannon!

I have been asked to forward on this information and respond to your post.

As we have maintained in our responses, we are not going to use our customer’s specific names on a blog post. Nonetheless, we will indicate enough information to clearly validate our company.

You asked about the “big three” and why linking was not available. If you search any of the device manufactures, you will not see any education centers or recruiters linked. As for your question about “endorsement”, same answer as above. I guess the real question about endorsement could be found elsewhere.

I cannot comment of the extent of “endorsement” from any company because I am not allowed to speak on their behalf. I can tell you that we are approaching almost 200 graduates through our educational platforms that have represented the top “five” device manufactures. In addition another 250+ more that represent others. Now you know where the majority of our students go.

This is what I can tell you…

Zimmer – The Director, of Global Training has visited our facility.

Depuy – We have met with the Director of Sales Education, VP of Sales and VP of Operations at their corporate offices. We have had several executives visit our facilities. We also were asked to participate in their national sales meeting, which we did.

Stryker – The Director, Sales Education has visited our facility and spoken to our students. We have met with the HR department and have several contacts with the company. We also have received from AMY (HR) their logo for use on our website which confirms the previous poster is yet again wrong.

Smith & Nephew – The Group Director and Director of Sales Academy has visited our facilities. We have had executive’s tour and speak to our students.

Biomet – We have had several executives’ tour and speak at our facilities. We have presented at their National Sales Meeting. We have had multiple Biomet specific corporate programs in collaboration with them. A former student was promoted to a Director of Training of a division.

YESTERDAY, the Director of HR and Sales Education Manager was at our facility and watched/participated in role-plays with our students.

Additional –

Last week we had another Director of Sales Education along with the management team here onsite as we were working together in a sales education program for their existing sales representatives.

Lastly, our placement services provider (Elite Med) has positions representing four of the five above with current open opportunities. Currently, they have 245 open positions.

So I don’t know what kind of endorsement you are looking for but hope you find the above information helpfu

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome, you had companies touring your facility. BIG DEAL.

I have a lot of surgeons that look at my sets, but don't do cases with me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you should have attended the Medical Sales College to learn how to sell! Then you could sell instead of show.

That must be the reason the are touring, to replace you!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I made my decision to apply it was with the knowledge that everyone is not placed. I have told several recruiters in the past that all I need is a chance to interview. I am confident that with an interview I can land a job. I do believe that MSC certainly will assist in that! I also believe that 99% of what you see on this site is total bullshit! It is comical watching the same person post the same stuff. I am certain that if this guy put as much effort in landing a job in medical sales it would have happened by now. Unless, he is just a crazy SOB which might be the case.

Here are the reasons why I selected MSC.

1) http://elitemed.com/graduate-testimonials/

This was a list that I found useful. I cross-referenced names and found almost everyone on LinkedIn. They all had the same company as listed on the testimonial page and Medical Sales College under education. Once I read the testimonials I realized that all of these were post the training. Why would someone post such incredible things about the college post landing a job? They certainly didn’t have anything to gain, they all had jobs! Furthermore, the testimonials were so strong. I encourage those interested to read.

2) http://elitemed.com/reference-list/

You will see a company from time-to-time advertise a few references for their product. In most cases thousands have bought and they give you a few in support. In this case I was literally blown away! The attached list had almost 400 placed graduates that are willing to support the Medical Sales College. It was nice the way the list was broken down, just in Salt Lake City, I had 11 people that I could connect with. In some areas, they had more than 30. I have never seen ANY company that released so many referrals for support of a product.

3) After reading through the numerous posts, I quickly could see the pattern of the “bad apple”. I noticed him positing on every page with almost the identical posts. It was hilarious watching him scramble after any good post from a MSC supporter. You could almost count the seconds before he would respond. It was like he was pissed that he lost the battle. Funny thing though was that every post made absolutely no sense. My basis for going to MSC was to get an education and a job. I believe most are doing the same thing. This guy was so stuck on comparing American Institute of Medical Sales (AIMS) to the Medical Sales College. People such as myself are not attending AIMS, to my knowledge AIMS was dissolved in 2010. Yet here we are in 2012 and this idiot is still comparing? My check was written to the Medical Sales College, and I checked with people and MSC is correct, they have never received ANY complaints. Even if the former company AIMS had any issues, it appears the owners of MSC ironed them out. I am sure several people have enrolled and graduated since 2010 with the Medical Sales College. No signs of trouble or anyone that attended complaining. Actually this fact alone made everything right. No way has everyone been placed that attended yet not a single person raising a stink?

Lastly, my favorite and most compelling example of this fool was in recent days. As more supporters of MSC hit the threads (I know of two other classmates that have posted), he got so mad yet his responses are never valid. It is always, “this is an obvious MSC/Elite affiliate” or “sure you’re an actual student” or “look at the unprofessionalism of MSC posts” (even though MSC wasn’t the poster). As he likes to say, think about it... that is always his response when the posts contain factual information. He never suggests that the placements (names) aren’t real or the testimonials are lies, he just changes the subject with complete rubbish.

Well, off to study now have a bunch of work to complete. Best of luck to all the MSC grads.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do these MSC people keep posting fake testimonials?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they are deperate for suckers I mean students.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am new to this site... I highly doubt that they have 150 pages of student testimonials, FaceBook page with multiple placements all with conversations from students and 300 or more people on Linkedin with medical sales jobs all graduates. You obviously are the fake one!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed today with the top selling Trauma Company. Although I was told that my lack of existing medical sales experience was a deciding factor, they suggested I attend the Medical Sales College. Post completion, I would be the next hire when a territory became available! I was familiar with the school from this site and was skeptical based on what I read. The hiring manager assured me that this school was well received and that they have hired several successful graduates that are performing at high levels!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. Stryker is starting to move away from using this school, as well as Elite/AIMS or any other recruiter, and many device companies will soon follow. You should never pay for training since companies train their own reps.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU disagree? Do you work for Stryker?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this person is truly "new to this site," then how come his or her message sounds just like a commercial for MSC? More MSC propaganda.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And how is going to "college" going to suddenly give you experience in trauma sales?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line, if a device company wants you, they will hire you.

If Tim Tebow were to walk into Stryker's Kalamazoo campus and say he has no sales experience, but wants a medical sales job, do you think they will first direct him to a for-profit college? Of course not, since not only is that absurd, but because Tim Tebow fits Stryker's mold perfectly. Stryker knows they could polish a rough gem through corporate training and time on the field with a senior rep.

If you can't see that the trauma story above is a complete fabrication of Medical Sales College, then you might actually be a good candidate for their program. With that said, how smart could MSC graduates be?