Medical Sales College. Is it for Real?

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2011 at 1:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still sucks. Don't do it!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

get an MBA from a decent school for under 50K and you are making a good investment.
    medical sales college is ok, but not that great of a credit and doesn't stand out.
    those that tell you not to get an advanced degree, are generally lazy and don't want you to be better than them.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. Tyler234

Tyler234 Guest

Shannon, This is all great. MSC posts numerous internships for college grads who eventually can join a class for free.....but instead pressures the candidate to just join the school and the sales pitch is on from there... well that shows a lack of professionalism. I think we call that bait and switch. Poor recruitment tactics and anyone wanting to break into medical sales via MSC should think again.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trump University Medical Sales College is the only accreated program companies hire from.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very educated response.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People with MBA's from good schools don't work in this industry. They are far too intelligent for that.

This industry is for college beer guzzlers and cheerleaders.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never did MSC but have heard about it. Doing a quick LinkedIn search, the 25 people I looked at have not landed a quality device position after MSC, half didn’t even land anywhere. A lot of them also had zero sales experience or even any strong professional business experience before such as marketing, sales ops,etc. really anything before enrolling in MSC.

it’s easy to prey on these people because they don’t know how shit works in big or small corporate world. I’m in a good healthcare sales role now (not device) but had plenty of opportunities to jump to device even from my first crappy pharma job. You can network your way into a medical device job if you have some sales experience. Usually your first ever sales job sucks so if you want to break into a sexy device position, you’ll probably have to take a mediocre B2B sales job with a mediocre company. Suck it up for 2ish years, get a track record, network, and you’ll be solid. If you can hop straight into device, more power to you. No need for MSC though.

Also MSC looks like it’s focused on Ortho. There are a million device jobs outside this specialty whether newbies want to be in the OR or not. I feel bad because most of the MSC graduates may be a bit naive and are thinking this is their meal ticket in. It’s that old school “go to college, pay your dues, get a good job” mentality. That’s just not how sales (or even life) works.

If there is an MSC Recruiter still reading this thread, you suck.