Medtronic Spine?

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sell off of Spine?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, not selling spine but planning to leave Memphis in less than three years with asset of buildings sold and a small fee long term lease that can easily be paid when exit occurs. Plenty of space in Minneapolis or Colorado with the diminishing resources of yearly rifts. Distribution will remain here because Memphis is a distribution center. Get your resumes updated or get ready for cold winters.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic, we bring good things to life! GE mentality for sure!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you think Medtronic cares of your opinion that Memphis is a distribution center? it’s slow and inefficient.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your right, what was I thinking?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So TM, the holiday is over and you have no comment since I called you out. You certainly have crashed and burned at work since your return after the holidays! You won’t last long witH your incompetence and will follow your mentor TC. I just hope that you take your minions with you. Jimmies rustled

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, know it all, tell us.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which R&D groups do you think will be re-orged/downsized/cut? Put more resources on the early phases in hopes that it will streamline the latter phases? Increase Systems Engineering and Design, keep Project Engineering the same, assimilate DRM into project teams, roll the majority of Sustaining back to the people that have deep experience with the products?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any intel on what the Spine / Nav combination might mean to job cuts in Memphis?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are the minions?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know what the plans are for pyramid campus?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Omar is buying up on retirement and carpeting the walls. Meow.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leadership is adamant about change coming soon, probably in the April / May timeframe. That also is the yearly window during which layoffs are conducted. So far I have avoided layoffs, but doubt I will be that lucky this year. Time to get serious about applying for other jobs.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JP confirmed today that there will be layoffs in Spine/Nav by the end of April. Particularly targeted will be areas where groups in the two businesses perform the same functions. He seemed to think the overall number of layoffs would be fairly small, although he did not quantify what small means to him.

Any thoughts on what areas are duplicative? Sales, VPs, DRM, some Finance, some Marketing - these are a few that come to mind. What else?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will this affect the advanced energy sales people brought into this division as well?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would not be surprising. But who knows which way the cookie will crumble. Instead of laying off all the Advanced Energy reps, they might lay off some Spine reps so they maintain the customer knowledge in Advanced Energy.

The way I see it, if there are only a couple months until the layoff, it usually takes longer than that to get through the hiring process. Might as well put out some resumes, and if I get caught up in the layoff, I am that much closer to finding the next gig. If I make it though the layoff, I can always drop out of the running for the other jobs.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about layoffs in Warsaw Indiana plant