Memories of 2004

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2010 at 2:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone remember this post on the Jannsen board from years ago?, Could the insider actually be Paul Revere. So we go from Janssen to Jannsen-Ortho-Mcneil (JOM) to Pricara and now Jannsen again? This place is a trainwreck. Enjoy reading the old material. It was nastalgic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is one thing I love about this site it is, that we have some freakin' funny people that work at this company. Their's been a lot of shit talking and cracking jokes, which has been entertaining (keep it coming). But what I'm about to share is classified info and for real.

Here it goes...

There is a lot of activity and planning going on at the home office that is going to affect everyone in the next 6 months. How do I know? I was recently back at the home office, soaked up a lot of the "corporate culture" and have a few high level "sources" that have confirmed the following. I've been with the company over 5 years, so I know what I'm talking about. Whether you like it or not, here's the real deal of what's going down at Janssen:

First, if Aciphex doesn't deliver this year, their will be layoffs in the Pods. Dom Juan La Selva has stood at DM/RBD meetings and made it clear through all channels that this will become a reality. For those of you who have been around for a while, and have noticed a different company culture, it's because of ultimatums like this.

Second, 2004 will be a very tough year for the company. But worse, 2005 will probably be the worst year performance wise in the history of Janssen. Why? Janssen continues to get screwed by the terms of the Eisai contract, Duragesic is gone, and Risperdal is under intense pressure and better marketing from the competition. Reminyl will be relegated to a $300 million token product for the foreseeable future. Company is scared to death of Namenda's potential.

The recent email about not hitting our performance multiplier is foreshadowing for what is to come. Janssen would be happy to hit 98% of NTS forecast this year. But, insiders are realistically expecting 95% or less, which means reps will be giving back money out of their pockets at year end. First time in history, that would happen.

That leads to the next issue. Janssen and Ortho will be merging Q4 of this year or Q1 next year. Both companies are sucking wind, and this will stabilize the situation. Any doubt? See Centers of Excellence.

When this happens, Janssen will get the short end of the stick. The President of Ortho, Seth Fischer is running over our boy Master P. Corporately, Ortho people are getting the primo spots in this cross integration, and Janssen people are getting screwed. Same will happen with the field sales force (aka Janssen reps being laid off). Back in the day, Alex Gorsky kept Fischer in check, but when Gorsky left, Fischer has had his way with our newcomer Petey Pablo (P Miller).

Morale is at an all time low at home office. With the hiring freeze and all the Brand Team BS, home office people are just as pissed as the reps. There is an overall feeling of "The Sky is Falling."

Next topic: Promotional Opportunities. In short, not going to happen. The word in management circles is that they want to keep reps in their territories to maintain momentum and relationships. POD RBD's are tired of having all of their best reps promoted in 2 years and having to hire from scratch. So, if you havent' noticed yet, CNS, Eldercare DM's are being told to hire from the outside. To keep PC happy, they will be offering token STR titles with no raise and more work, and entrance into the MDL program - the catch is once you are enrolled they will milk it out for another 1-2 years before you take your first class. Every class is then spaced out 9-12 months - like dangling a carrot.

For you 370 green reps..... Company is trying hard to get a licensing deal with a pain drug, but J&J is so cheap that they are lowballing and not making realistic offers to manufacturers. They learned a painful lesson from Aciphex. However, expect an announcement to be made with a new licensing deal by end of Q3. Leave your 4th quarter open for home study during the evenings to learn about the new drug over e-LOGIC. National launch/cycle meetings will be held in January 2005.

So, that's where things stand right now. Things are bad, and they will be getting worse, before they get better... GO JANSSEN!!!

Letting the Truth Be Told,

The Insider

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Great find! I've been around since 2001 and was displaced in 2005. This was dead on.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, I remember that post like it was yesterday. That was the beginning of the end.
    It has been a slow death since, like a cancer that can''t be eradicated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company has gone down hill since 2004. It has never recovered. The massacre of April 7, 2009 was the icing in the cake.

Levaquin generic
    Aciphex not far behind
    A CV salesforce with no drug approval
    Aciphex ER- well....I won't even go there with that one.
    Ultram-Ultram ER...another brilliant one!

It's amazing that this division still exists.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is still keeping the lights on?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bandaids and baby powder

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"J&J.....the place to NOT be.". Ha ha ha ha. You fucking r*****s. Should have jumped ship years ago

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

K-Y.

BOHICA, baby. (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)

Get lubed up or it's gonna HURT.