Mentor in the Netherlands, is it good place to proceed career?

Discussion in 'Mentor' started by Stephen S, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Stephen S

Stephen S Guest

In several older posts is stated that it seem pretty bad since J&J took over and, the money seems below average. But I´m looking for a good company which gives me a good private/work balance and less travel.
    Is this a nice company where I can built a future for 5 years?

Thanks for any replies.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mentor is a decent place to work. The competition is in turmoil (Allergan being acquired for the 2nd time in less than a year, plus Silimed's factory in Brazil burnt down), which is allowing Mentor to take advantage of the unique situation and grow.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree w the post above, however, these reasons are why i would STAY AWAY from Mentor right now. It is true that Allergan has been distracted and Silimed off the market which has helped dramatically short term. Unfortunately, it falsely inflated our numbers in the 4th quarter and we will be getting a much higher than normal quota increase in 2016 because of this. My manager has already told me to prepare.

The Allergen deal will be done in Q3 and Silimed will likely be back in Q3 which means they will regain share. I believe quotas are grossly inflated for 2016 which means less money. In addition upper management (SN) has made the pay plan much more difficult to make money.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think Silimed will be back anytime soon. Their entire factory burned down to the ground. They have to build a new one and get that through all the regulatory approvals for so many countries, which will take perhaps 2 years.

Pfizer is a drug company, not a device company. Pfizer may likely sell off their breast implant business as soon as they complete the Allergan acquisition, leaving more uncertainty for Allergan-branded breast implants.

I think Mentor will be fine for at least the next 2 years at a minimum.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Silimed is already selling again in South America and we are hearing in the UK they will likely be reinstated the first week in February. Apparently the issue was very minor and they had a large stockpile of inventory in another building not damaged by fire.

I concur on the Allergan implantables. It appears they are distracted at least, and I do not foresee Pfizer maintaining a huge regulatory workforce for such a small percentage of sales. Cheers.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The CE mark suspension has been extended to June 2016 for Silimed products, so Silimed will not be returning to Europe anytime soon.
    "The CE suspension by Tüv Süd has been prolonged until the end of June 2016 due to the exceptional circumstances and occurrences in particular the fire in the main manufacturing site."
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/devices-made-by-silimed/latest-update-8-january-2016

Furthermore, once all the inventory is sold, they still have no factory to build new inventory. That will take another 2 years to build a new factory and go through regulatory approvals at a minimum. Also, there's still no explanation for who set the factory on fire under suspicious circumstances, hence the prolonging of the CE mark suspension.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you love yourself, do yourself a favor and stay away. The tough timeliness and miss management is killing. There are enough other companies where you can succeed. Be wise and good luck with the decision. For now you probably found something else?