Dismiss Notice
Links from our daily front page news are now being fed to this board. If you want to comment on any of the news articles, you can now do so there.

Merck Boulder

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 25, 2017 at 2:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems to me this indicates a possible noncompliance with regulations, CFR 21, and a focus on fast production and profits. Definitely not good!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"About normal????????" I have never worked for a pharma company that had more than 1 483 observation. I have read thousands of reports and warning letters and only twice have I seen any company with 9 or more 483s and none of those were in the USA. You have no idea what you are talking about. 9 is outrageous and should result in a plant closure.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I am not mistaken, KBI Boulder makes biologics. Therefore, nine 483 observations is quite high. I might expect 1 or, perhaps, 2, but no more than that as biologics require strict GMP/GDP.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those must have been major GMP Violations. What Coherus product?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So is Coherus still doing business with KBI? You would think they would find a new CDMO.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is true, then KBI may be losing many clients.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not surprising. I worked there a few years ago and management told us not to worry about GMP. We were told aseptic did not matter. Catching up to them finally.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What was Coherus' response to KBI? Suing? End of contract?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What were the GMP Violations? What did the FDA say about this?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing! KBI must be a horrible company!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did management react?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management was not happy obviously, but recognize there is only so much they can do with an inept workforce...they need better support from those on the floor

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would think management would be at fault. They should enforce GMP. Has Coherus replied to the problem?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When did this happen?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty bad! Never heard of the FDA doing so before.