Merck Contract, Base Pay

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Aug 15, 2018 at 10:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the range for base pay for the Merck/Sivextro contract? Are there samples/storage areas required? Thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its 70-75K . Run don't walk.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100k-115k @ plan. Storage units provided. Great culture here and management is well respected by thier peers.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

• “Contractors often feel like second class citizens for good reason...they sometimes are second class citizens! For most of us, job security is vital, and the fact that these employees are temporary by definition can make them feel disposable. Your best approach is to make these folks feel secure and valued for the length of their contract. Include them as much as possible in decision making relevant to their positions, compensate them fairly, and let them know how important they are to the success of your mission. In other words, treat them the way they deserve to be treated, as essential members of your team.” — Ellen Ruppel Shell, journalism professor at Boston University and author of “The Job: Work and Its Future in a Time of Radical Change”

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the bottom line. Contract can be an enjoyable job if you are only reporting to a Publicis Manager. But if you are being turned over to a Merck DM, buyer beware you are in for a miserable experience. You will be working for 30-40% less that the Manufacture Reps and being coach more. Coached more, just because they can and the Manufacture Reps will also attempt to coach and take advantage of you too.

Don't believe this? Just ask the Reps on the NVS contract. Don't expect the Regional Coordinators to back you in anyway they are just paper pushers at this point and lack any power or authority, besides they just want to collect a check w/ no issues just like you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely agree!! If you are reporting daily to a Publicis manager, the job's great. If you're reporting to a Merck manager, RUN don't walk, away from this opportunity!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WRONG! 75K plus 15K total bonus. That's what the lazy dipshit recruiter told me before interviewing. PATHETIC!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone on this contract tell me if it is reporting to a Merck manager or Publicis mgr? Also any info about the contract would be helpful. I've been contacted by a recruiter about this position, but if it is a nightmare contract I don't want to be involved. I been on a nightmare contract and a great contract before. Want to have an idea of what I might be getting into. - Thanks

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewed recently by a pompous Publicis DM in the east. Total ass with lots of openings in his District. Wonder why? Is it the bufoon manager or contract?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Manager in my geography is brand new and has no management skills. Person scheduled a face to face with me and then canceled at the last minute.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what the Derm. Oncology KAM role pays?
    Thanks in advance.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you’re a contract P.C. rep upset with taking direction from s manager from Merck or Novartis? You ever wonder why you’re in the position you are in and why they have their positions? Wake up and take some direction and maybe you’ll eventually learn some skills and get a real sales gig. Until then, STFU!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen to this loser!! Who would ever want to have 2 managers, one from Publicis and another that has complete control from the Manufacturing company? No One, that's who. Just ask the the NVS contract people how that's working out.

A real sales gig? What is this? Since Pharma isn't sales anyway... Sample dropper and lunch providers, not much skill needed in that.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Imagine the poor DM at Merck who worked their ass of for years to get to their position and they’re now tasked to try to control a contract rep to maintain the non-factor tiny dr accounts and make sure they don’t do damage to Merck’s reputation and disrupt the actual profit generators. I feel sorry for the manage4s that it’s come to this. They’re more kinderkare playground monitors than professional sales managers.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wait, the guy who is working as a contract rep is calling someone ELSE a loser???

THATS too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Dean Jefferys a manager from Merck? Thoughts on him???

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Samples/storage areas is one of your top concerns? SMH

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you play guitar, they pay you more. Otherwise, you’re stuck with base pay