Merck Oncology

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me what the culture is like in Merck's Oncology division? Any idea of base pay for someone with limited experience? Target bonus?

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Limited experience! You won't ever be considered.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, this is a dog of a drug too! BMS is going to throttle you with more indications and better outcomes!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Emend and the new childrens indication....soon?

How will this impact the reps?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ped indication will have no impact. Just a stalling tactic to extend the patent already used in pediatric population, just as IV used in MEC.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All over the news about BCG and corporate greed!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compensation depends on experience but I would say Onc reps base start around 120 ish.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came over from a competitor at a lot more than 120.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the new PC. Overlap and manager ride alongs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

120-130k is my guess

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Burger King pays 120k+ No shit I never knew that Get real poser bum !

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CTL ride alongs have to STOP

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no real oncology group left. Look at the exodus. All that is left is scheming people that have no other option, and merck CTLs that are holding on to the bitter end. Everyone that could leave did and are much better off. If you didnt see the writing on the wall you deserve to go down with this sinking ship.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its crazy town here now. Not a real oncology rep in management- not one. And a few reps just cashing the check. And a ton of pretenders that can't even spell oncology. Nice that I can finance my new startup meetings with merck money. That corp card is getting run hard.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't sell the PD 1 you need to get out. We don't need any more deadwood in our group.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing will save this group, even the cure for cancer they couldn't market correctly. Its run by primary care has beens. All the real oncology reps are gone. Its embarrasing really here. I used to be so proud to rub shoulders with such good people, many were clinicians in the past and all had one goal - PATIENT OUTCOMES. We went from that to rah rah primary care morons.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real oncology reps? At Merck? When!? You mean the ones who managed to sell less and less Emend year over year for a decade? Sounds like it may be time for you to hit the bricks with those "all-stars" already jettisoned. You're delusional!

The infusion of external oncology talent turned the negative Emend sales trend you and your fellow sloths worked so hard to create into positive growth for the first time in ages last year. Probably would've been even higher if others weren't forced to tow the dead weight like you around!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reps were never the issue and the whole reason the franchise stayed afloat were the initial group that made it so respected by the MDs. It was always a marketing and management issue. Look at the line up of failures.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats on selling so much emend. That was never the goal. The goal was to leverage relationships for products to come. And they came and died due to awful marketing and worse leadership. And anyone with any value left as they saw the writing on the wall.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there at the beginning and it was a complete cluster f??k. Marketing Director was a complete incompetent, marketing staff a complete joke, half the managers were political hacks and market preparation nonexistant. What could have been a mega success became a slow evolving joke.