Merck Oncology

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Richard Hunt would fly from Chicago to Milwaukee for $700+ round trip. Fly in at 10 and leave after having lunch arounf 1:30.

He could have taken the train for $35 round trip and actually spent the day with his rep, but no accountability by the ONC leadership.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would work all of one hour with him in Chicago before he went back to Pittsburgh.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woo... Woo... Now we have AW in Central.... Good Morning Central

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RH the best, would you rather have a manager that works with you back to back days 8-5. Good to have AW running the central....all good with Onc, easily the best division at Merck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because he had strong long term oncology reps who didnt need a babysitter as all these primary care reps do. He did a very good job and was a great leader. Outstanding guy and great businessman. I moved on to devices and that is exactly how it works- they don't babysit and trust you. They dont need to pretend to coach on basic stuff just to justify their jobs. The CTLs are a complete joke at merck and everyone knows it. Most especially the customers and thought leaders.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 24 months, there will be no Oncology group.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

24 months is perfect timing... Man, you are a righteous one , ain't it so?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like not even going to be that long.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well.... MO... That is Merck Oncology.... Well.... Emend has been... And will bring in revenue. For Two Years... Count them... 2 years... Temodar ( SP ) was the cash cow. Now the future while not an SP Research project... But an Organon Molecule... Wow!!!... PD1.. Anti... Came from the the back closet of the SP merger?... Ph##k yes... Merck has no idea!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was saddened to hear the unofficial news today, sorry for you all.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to say but he has NO knowledge of his customers and thought leaders and even less disease acumen.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that as you lynch the man

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine rides only every six months. Not sure how he deals with the mental midgets from above. But never bothers me, filters everything. Maybe two emails a week.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well thats more than any DCO for sure.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So many venting and it's all about nothing! You think it's good anywhere right now? The way pharma in general delivers information to docs is outdated. Nobody is really that happy and except that Oncology makes a few more nickels than some others... it's the exact same as other divisions... No better and no worse.. This job is miserable if you don't like your manager no matter where you are... But I wil say this... If you have a manger who isn't heavy handed ... Try not to sweat the small stuff... Just shut up grow up or move on. Do you really think any of this matters at all? Look on all the other boards ...people in pharma sales just don't feel all that good in general but the money is pretty good so we stay.. That's really about it!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just informed by an ex marketing person about the coming action. Was surprised.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unbelievable.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Righteous? I'm not sure what's righteous about making a prediction that is probably correct.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please share! Does not sound very good.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bring the rest of us up to speed.....what's going on in oncology? I thought Onc reps were safe due to fabulous new drug.