Merck Ophthalmics

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2007 at 5:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if they are detailing Trusopt and Cosopt?
    Do they have anything else in the bag in ophthalmics? Any reps? How many?
    Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only Trusopt and Cosopt, nothing else. There are reps, dont think they have any counterparts. Probably about 90 nationwide. Trusopt is generally flatlined bc the class is virtually last choice as adjunctive therapy. Cosopt is growing bc doctors really like combo therapy, and this is the only one that is used mainstream (but still as adjunctive therapy). Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both Cosopt and Trusopt suck! Both burn and sting, and Cosopt being part Timolol/beta blocker, there are issues w many patients such as those w Asthma, COPD, sulfa allergies etc. Both products going down hill.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trusopt is flat, Cosopt is going down the drain with the arrival of Combigan (Allergan) In europe the already started to pull out of ophthalmology. Nothing in the pipeline, in a few years the ophthalmic division will be history, even in the USA.

Go for Allergan, that's the past, present and future in ophthalmology!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is so much Bull** Who the hell do you think you are?? Allergan is Not the past, present, future. Combigan is a friggin joke! The doctors laugh at it. No place to put it.... Doctors are feeling that they've been lied to for years with the BS about not using a beta-blocker, all of the different %'s of Alphagan (.2, .15, .1) and bak is the worst preservative to use on the cornea. Lets get the story straight. And the COST?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this should be in allergan
    alphagan should be three times a day and beta blockers work q am
    allergan has been bad mouthing beta blockers since betagan went generic
    generic beta blockers are $5 a month and so is generic alphagan
    combigan is third tier
    cosopt has a proven track record and will be cheap next year when it goes generic

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

damn straight, combigan sucks and it's tanking in my territory. I laugh as i see my share rise and their's stay stagnant. docs are beginning to see the redness and the BS they have been fed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there still anybody at merck internally that is in ophthalmology? is there still an internal team there?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes there is. Merck is still dedicated to ophthlamology

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dedicated??? Wll not quite. Sales force (or whats left of them) will be done 9/30/08. Don't know what or when this group will ever be back together again.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they will, don't you worry you're pretty little head about it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10/1/2008 Good Bye!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was fun while it lasted, great company (division), great people, great products...hopefully we'll meet up again in the future.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cheers to that, this was the best job.... didn't even feel like a job to me. If there is a new product in the future, I'd come back.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyoen know where Merk manufactures (location) its ophthalmics for US distribution (or used to at least)?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

France

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the "Future" that they were talking about?? Heard there is a comeback in the works.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they are....Merck Ophth back in the house soon.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes the group is being put back together but I just heard from a recent college grad that his friend got a job with "Merck" selling eye drops. Sounds like they are going to use a contract sales team. 100 nationwide.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What!?!? College grad? Contract sales force...oh great just what Ophthalmology needs. Pretty soon it will be.must like PC and docs won't see reps anymore. What a joke. Open it up, I know there are people who were in the old Ophthalmology group who would come back in a heartbeat if given the opp.