Merck??

Discussion in 'Bayer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hoping it is just a rumor, but I am not very confident.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

articles are on bloomberg and reuters too. I did not realize we were so disposable. if it goes thru, do we still have jobs?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck, besides Merial would be the last company you would want to buy your division. You would be better off at BI or ceva.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, we (Merck) are as surprised as you are. Nobody's telling us anything, just checking the news reports. Can't believe we would acquire anybody or anything with so little preparation or investigation.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merial has the best pay and benefits in animal health. Don't be jealous because we dominate the market.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dominate is a strong word considering you are #4 in canine vaccines and #3 in feline vaccines. Daily lies about who is selling what to the OTC mkt..... Who gives two shits about your supposed best pay and benefits. I call bull shit because your parent company is sanofi. Hardly a big player in the pharma game these days......

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merial rep... How many parking lots did you sit in this week "making" calls in your time stamped Barbie jeep!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope the rumor isn't true. Trust me - you don't want to work for Merck. I do - and hate it, like most of my colleagues.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I watched a movie while I sat in three parking lots in my free car. I then had a free lunch with a do for, made 3 more social calls and went home by 4pm. I then checked to make sure my 9% 401 K match went in and then I used some of my 6 figure salary for dinner. Boy I sure do hate this job. There must be a million better jobs out there!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy it while it lasts Merial rep. You will find out soon enough that you don't have the skills or the respect to land a job when yours sh!ts the bed...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pleeeeeease. Our pipeline is so strong that we are going to be on top for the next 10-15 years. After that, I don't care because I will be retired with $4 million in the bank and free medical for life. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now I know you are just trolling this message board. Free medical for life! ha!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are satisfied with this? Seriously? I have a very good gig myself - excellent $ with low pressure in this industry, which is fairly rare. But I sure don't look at it the way you do. I consider how I am wasting my talents and could be contributing in many ways I currently am not. It's my responsibility to leave, I get that. What I don't get is your gloating and satisfaction over making lots of money for apparently doing nothing. But then again, this is America, so that's getting pretty typical.

But why not actually CONTRIBUTE to your company - and your customers?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can make $4 million selling your samples? You are delusional or a liar. Probably both.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will do the math for you. 9% 401 K match, plus I max it out. I forgot to mention I make 100k base and 30K bonus. Everyone thinks Merial is so bad but they have amazing pay and benefits. Send me your email and I will send you the Sanofi insurance plan for retirees. All this without selling my samples.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this does happen, what might happen to Baywr reps? I have never been through something like this, and although it is all speculation at this point, that's better than nothing. If reps do get let go, would there be some sort of severance or should I be job-hunting now? I'm serious, so please don't attack or humiliate me for asking. (Cafepharma is to adult sales reps what twitter is to high school students: anyone can be mean when it's anonymous.)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And yes, I can spell Bayer. I just can't proofread.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typically there is severance based on the number of years with the company. With that said, Merck would need a lot more reps probably 250 small animal reps. If you are a home office employee or a sales manager then you are in more danger of being let go. Good luck!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A company can increase costs or totally eliminate medical if they so choose. You had better sock away some of that 4 million for medical.