Merial may be sold by parent company.

Discussion in 'Merial' started by anonymous, Nov 6, 2015 at 8:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merial's parent company announced today that it is considering selling its animal health unit and its generics division. Check financial news under Sanofi.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reporting on Dow Jones Business line confirms that Sanofi is looking at selling off animal health.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get ready for the Cost Cutting and Window dressing. Sanofi will take this seriously to prop up the sale price. Maybe they will even split it up and sell off individual products to various buyers to let a sale pass government authorities. Either way expect layoffs.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't have a clue, u r moron troll.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't have a clue SM. You better worry about Elanco and the $100 products you are launching. They are not going to replace all the Trifexis you are losing.
    Do you even make Comfortis anymore? Haha

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you attempting to say? You make absolutely no sense.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will keep it simple for you since you are slow. Merial= good, big and powerful. Elanco=in big trouble. Losing business daily. Keep selling Osurnia(Claro is better) and Onsior injectable. With all your Comfortis and Trifexis loss you would have to sell Osurnia and Onsior to every dog, cat and fat chick that walked into a practice.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Faster
    Thank you helping me and my slow mind. So Merial is doing so well that Sanofi is considering selling? Elanco is doing so poorly that they have increased their sales force by 50%. Sanofi, which includes Merial, has said that they will not have any sales growth until 2018. Eli Lily has had the highest growth in share price for this year compared to any other major pharmaceutical company. Sanofi's CEO has said his company will cut cost and eliminate jobs. In summation ( and this is why you know I am slow) The company that is not showing any sales growth, will be laying off employees and is exploring selling their consumer and animal health division is doing far better then the company expanding
    its sales force, growing its profit margin and increasing its shareholder value??? Of course you are correct. How could anyone weigh the facts and not conclude how well Merial and Saofi are doing! Now put down your pipe and go sell marshmallow dental chews you dim witted chauvinistic moron.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merial is the most profitable AH division in the industry. Lilly is struggling. They need Elanco. However, since your brands are old and losing share you SM are screwed. I love it!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lilly is making money. Sanofi has declining sales. Who or what is SM?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi know the writing is on the wall once Zoetis launch Simparica.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello everyone out there in café world. Can I ask what working at Merial is like? I am on the human side selling so what is animal health like and potential bonuses? I am looking for a good challenge and change. Is your training pretty good? What entail these days? Is it home study and one week away like most? Any information is appreciated.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to BI. We'll be sure to fuck up your shit and fire your best people.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lmao. Thank you BI this should be a cluster _uck for the next year. Should be fun swooping in to steal that NexGard business... Not that we weren't already doing that now.

Wonder what the clinics will do when the help yourself to my trunk reps, I mean merial reps all get fired and BI actually sells product.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to get the resume ready. Merial reps will be fired on the deal close and forced to reapply for their old jobs. But there will be fewer chairs than participants in this game of musical chairs. Anyone whose manager doesn't like them will definitely be gone, unless of course they are lucky and their manager gets shown to the door earlier that day.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

80% of the reps will be fine. Just because BI is acquiring doesn't mean they will control (ask Patterson management when they bought AHI).
    Word is Carsten (Merial CEO) will lead the new organization.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps will need to interview for their own jobs. Those that don't cut it, or are paid well, will be let go. BI likes reps that work and reps that are fresh out of school and willing to work for a pittance.

The global animal health division will move headquarters from Ingelheim to Lyon, but it will be lead by a German. The place will be overrun with Germans.

US headquarters will remain in St Joseph, MO. Nearly all Merial employees in Duluth, GA will be terminated as their positions are almost 100% redundant. Manufacturing facilities will remain in Athens and Gainesville, GA and BI will transfer all of their pharmaceutical production to those sites from Bayer in Shawnee.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is always interesting to read what all the top executives right on this page of what their plans are going to be since nothing is finalized. Very creative thinking!!