Meridian Biosciences

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by AngelsFan, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. AngelsFan

AngelsFan Guest

I am considering a job with this company and have read some negative reviews. Does anyone have experience with them or know someone who has worked for them recently? What was the actual salary? I have been told it is around $150k, is this accurate? Secondly what is the work/family balance?

Thank you!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hear more like $55k

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just saw an opening for Meridian Bioscience in Minneapolis on MedReps. Also read some bad reviews, but I need work! Thinking it just whiners? Is it? Any info would be appreciated that would help me move forward with them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah dont ever work for randox, thats the advice of the decade.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh no. It's not just whiners. Go to Glassdoor.com and check out Meridian. It's an extremely rare person who can thrive in sales at MBI. It is truly a freak show. It takes kind of a psychotic, robot-like worker with little or no sense of humor and a penchant for cutthroat politics just to survive in sales at MBI. If that describes you, then go for it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a recruiter named Chuck from Premier Med Search putting out ads for this job as well. Beware. I did some research and the realistic income for the job will be far less than what he tells you and the travel will be more. It's apparently been a very bad place to work for some time. I passed on this one.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a company where the base salary is 50 to 55k and you can earn around 100k your first year. Maybe more year two and beyond. They do provide a company car and pay all of your expenses. They expect you to do 8 to 10 overnights per month. They have excellent products.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering a position with them. Why does there seem to be such negative press and low morale from sales reps? Also, what is the culture and benefits of this company like? Why does the turnover seem to be so high? The products are great. I just dont understand why it appears that reps are not happy. Am I misinformed?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the descriptions written pretty well answer your questions. What are you fishing for? By the way, the products are not "great" as a rule. Especially the molecular platform. You know that don't you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really need the job. I guess being that the "post speak for themselves", I realize this probably isnt a long term gig. My question is at this point; realistically; working very hard, how long does the average rep last? Also, would I be able to get a better job selling molecular based on my experience from this position?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any additional info on this company? What is it like promoting the products? Is this at least a 2 year gig?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of cars do they have in fleet?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do whatever you want friend. But, you have been given accurate descriptions. It's a lousy place to be to sell a cumbersome molecular platform with decreasing reimbursement.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run forest run! Base pay 50-55k. Bonus/commish 5k if your lucky. True fact more than half the reps are not making any commish at end of third qtr. Micro mgt beyond belief, ride a long every 5-6 weeks, fact- average tenured rep 6 months, unrealistic call expectations management wants call metrics at MINIMUM 4 accounts/day 50 calls a week. Do you really want the job?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do appreciate your honest responses. I really wish I was in a better situation. Is there is any advise that you can offer how to survive at least a year or two? Are there any perks that makes the gig worth fighting for?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are better off running away. Last word of advice from me!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base in the 50's, total comp-maybe 65k (before taxes!) and that would be stellar here...
    They lie to their reps, badly. No work/personal life balance. Expectations are grossly high just like the turnover.
    Unless you're unemployed, I wouldn't bother...