Merit increase

Discussion in 'OPKO Renal' started by anonymous, Oct 24, 2018 at 8:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several of the recent new hires received sign-on bonuses. They discussed it in the last training class.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting, Usually, sign on bonuses are reserved for hard to fill jobs but come with stipulation of staying with the job a minimum amount of time like at least 2 yrs. I thought KM said they were plenty of good applicants just waiting in line to join OPKO. Are they offering less base plus sign on which is cheaper in the long run?Or are they using it to offer “something of substantial value “ in exchange for signing their non compete within the NDA agreement. My state’s law requires something of substantial value be given in exchange for signing a non compete. My last non compete specified participation in the IC plan as the something of substantial value, Yeah - even though an IC plan is an expected part of a sales job it was still legal to declare it as substantial value. Opko’’s agreement did not address the exchange of something of substantial value at all. I wonder how many of us overlooked that detail, though not all states require it. Any insightful responses are appreciated.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

something to ponder.......why would anyone want to come here -
    1) Desperate- need a job to feed family
    2) Running from their current company/manager due to not getting along/probems/ issues etc
    3) Did not do their homework on opko and still came. Did do their homework and still want to come here and are dumb as nails.
    4) Came here for a $5000 raise from current company which puts them at $95K

AZ is marching forward.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree that Opko is a terrible place to park your sales skill set but i needed a job and was in a bad situation. I worked at AZ before and from my experience you will be even more miserable at AZ then at Opko. Including myself and many I know at Opko who are trying to get out, only go to AZ if you are desperate and there is plenty of opportunity with start up ventures that pay and respect you more than AZ ever will.
    The AZ culture is to lie and work you like a mule while moving the quarterly quota so only a few make any bonus. Sales of Lokelma are worse than Rayaldee during launch phase, can’t get over the edema AE profile caused by excessive sodium loading. Like Opko, AZ doesn’t know how to launch a drug either and many of the ZS team will depart after their options vest mid way through next year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it takes time to build a sales team from scratch. Hopefully those that are unhappy low performers will leave on their own or start selling! My experience has been that the negative poison pills in the group never change. Almost like being bi-polar. Constantly changing jobs every couple of years. Every new job is always great for a Q or two, then when they cannot perform they are negative again!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KFCB

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re assumption that those here at opko who are unhappy low performers are only the ones that who will leave on their own proves how you are out of touch with reality, sure you are not bi-polar or are you higher than a Georgia pine right now, did you missed your last AA meeting?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like Opko management.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just because people play along with you to your face when you are spewing your negative vile, does not mean that they really agree with you. So I guess you want to go back to the last job you had? Or was it bad for you too....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KFCB

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry fool but even the top perforners are wanting out. if it was such a great place to work why woud they want to leave???

cant perform? i would say yes but direct that towards the inept management.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They just might want you to leave. Maybe you should go back to selling happy meals!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You dish out “SAD MEALS”
    At least they have yearly performance evaluations tied to an increase in salary.

Maybe you should write a book? Titled
    “How NOT to motivate a sales force”
    You are an expert on the subject.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you actually did sell Happy Meals before. I think it is safe to bet that you still were not able to succeed with their incentive plan. If you are truly a sales rep, than you have to know that any Dr., Office Mgt., or PA you meet with will see your negativity and not want to do business with you. A word of advice “ if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you are with”....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, top performer here, if the advice you have provided plagiarized from CSNY would be followed then you are advocating cheating on your spouse instead of trying to figure out a solution for a happy ending for both parties, that's not being negative rather that's being an a mature adult. Let me provide some advice for your sorry assed management style, stupid is what stupid gets, Opko Renal leadership is a prime example of stupid and is getting what stupid is.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be Bi-Polar, I would recommend you getting professional help. You know you are not a top sales rep! You are a glass is half empty negative person. What made you think you could succeed in a sales position. Regardless, “the love the one your with” comment is not about cheating on your spouse, but about being content/grateful for what you have and not chasing what you can never have!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seek professional help. You’re sick.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Crosby, Stills & Nash – Love The One You're With Lyrics
    From the album four way street

When you're down and confused
    And you don't remember who you're talking to
    Concentration slip away
    Because your baby, is so far away

Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
    And the eagle flies with the dove
    And if you can't be with the one you love.. Honey

Love the one you're with Love the one you're with

Don't be angry don't be sad
    Don't sit cryin' over good times you had
    There's a girl right next to you
    And she's just waiting for something to do

And there's a rose in a fisted glove
    And if you can't be with the one you love honey
    Love the one you're with

Do it do it do it

(Instrumental)

Love the one you're with love the one you're with
    Love the one you're with love the one you're with

Turn your heartache right into joy
    She's a girl and you're a boy
    Get it together, make it tonight,
    You ain't gonna need any more advice

And there's a rose in a fisted glove
    And if you can't be with the one you love honey

Do it do it do it
    Songwriters: Stephen Stills
    Love The One You're With lyrics © Wixen Music Publishing

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As for the psychopaths in the work place, a new study just released confirmed that managers are 3 times more likely to be suffering from psychosis then the general public. Do us in the salesforce a favor and take your meds. Woodstock is over and you need to get back into reality.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah that’s it, you are smarter and better at sales than your managers. They have to have mental problems or else you would be a manager! Wow.... You need therapy!!