MICHAEL LEAKE

Discussion in 'UCB Pharma' started by anonymous, May 14, 2018 at 6:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey looking for some 411 on the above name. Michael just left UCB and is now working at GW biotech. I have an interview with him next week. I am wondering what he is like as a manger?

Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Slime ball.
    total company man.
    gives preference to blacks.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above writer is spot on. STAY CLEAR OF HIM! ENOUGH SAID

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree - stay clear of this individual. I interviewed with him and he talked off label during the interview.
    That is a HUGE red flag.
    I would not risk your career with someone like this who has obvious compliance issues.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was this with the G W position or when he was with UCB? The funny thing is many insurance companies are NOT going to pay if the RX is off label. I think he does not understand LGS Tuberous sclerosis I hope he does not think focal SZ patients are targets.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ML often played games with the sales numbers when he was at UCB. He is a person of very low morals.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ML only knows how to manage entry level reps -- he micromanages each rep each day.
    You must call him after each of your lunches and describe your lunch with doctor.
    He may hire a person with high level experience, but you will call him after each major call.
    He does not trust his people. I would steer clear of him.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He is NOT worth the trouble. For example - He will contact you from 5:00 am to 8:30 pm five days a week and also on weekends.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

he is a militant micro manager which is fine for lazy reps, but for self starters who want to take responsibility for their territory you will immediately tire of the condescending chip on his shoulder. aside from that, he is just not a nice person. GW did UCB a favor by taking this hr nightmare off their hands.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked for him for three years. Stand up guy not sure where the negativity is coming from. You must be disappointed he made a positive move out of UCB. Sounds like you were the one he fired last year.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He talked off label regularly. Compliance nightmare.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of 11 good VS bad. The odds are he is not a good person to work with/for. I have an interview on Tuesday,I will listen but my heart is not in it any more.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask him - How would you handle it if you had an employee who had a serious medical condition?
    See if he lies about it.

He threatened the person; did not allow them to take short term disability; piled on extra work and rode their back mercilessly while they went through chemotherapy.
    Disgusting treatment.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That will be one of my first questions in my interview. He sounds like a pc of shit. I hope GW people are looking at these postings.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That story sounds suspect ...if that were truly the case UCB HR should have been contacted by that rep