Micromanager or STALKER

Discussion in 'Dealing with Your Manager' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma sales is a completely different culture. I worked in that field for a short time and it was so bizarre! The managers are all trying to justify their existence by micro-managing you with worthless emails and reports due. My manager told me I was required to have a report in by Friday at noon and it was not to be a minute later. Complete control freak! I was even chastised for sending it the night before. It had to be Friday at noon. LOL! Good times - I have so many stories from that job (not career) that I could write a book.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with you.

This was my first job out of college, and I knew it was messed up within six months.

I was surprised when I became the top rep in a district after one year, in a district with reps with 5 plus years experience.

I understand now why I was number one: because I was actually working 8-5 in the field everyday!

It is so strange.

But, the money is good and that is why I stay.

I will leaving by the end of next year, and I can't wait. It was a good run and I met some good people, but it is truly a joke of an industry and a bad example of what a sales job should be.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a PA now, and believe me its not an easy work but very rewarding. I have reps. come in my office constantly lamenting about their jobs. In fact, I've never had one tell me they like their jobs. Having a career you love and have passion for makes all the difference. There are so many allied health fields that have a bright future: PA, ARNP, PT, RN etc. These fields are always in the top-ten list of the best careers, quoted by the department of labor statistics. QOL is so much better out of pharma. One day you'll look back and chuckle about the whole experience. Best of luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DMs are micromanagers because they need to justify their jobs. Reps. are in the real world -- know their customers and how to close. Managers "teach" because they want their team to be the best they can be. Hmmm...so, DMs get a big paycheck?