Mileage deduction

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Dec 6, 2020 at 11:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every year I have been with Supernus they have deducted $100 from my pay for mileage in a December stub. It looks like they are deducting $300 on this check. What's even more concerning is according to last weeks email this is the first of two checks they will be deducting mileage from. So I guess I can expect to have $600 deducted this year in comparison to $100 on a typical year.

In a time when the company just raised their projected forecast by $20-25M as seen in our Q3 earnings report, when we are on pace to have the strongest year financially in our history, and no reps are bonusing. This really is a bad look Rockville.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is cringy that you think Rockville is taking your mileage money.

Your personal mileage benefit, which is calculated by what you personally record through the Donlen site, gets added to your gross pay so it can be treated like income and taxed by the government(as required by the IRS). After taxes have been taken out the same amount that was added to gross is then subtracted from your take home pay. So the “deduction” in your paycheck you are referring to is the tax you paid on the personal miles you drove for free in a company vehicle.

I’m with you. It sucks. But you are mad at Uncle Sam not Rockville.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why is it more this year? A big enough increase to spread across 2 paychecks

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn’t have 6Xs the personal miles this year compared to last. So why is my deduction 6Xs higher this year than last? In the environment of distrust that this company has created we have to question everything they do. So please explain what changed since I just looked and I actually had fewer personal miles in 2020 than I had in 2019 but yet I’m paying more this year!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would reach out to HR. That doesn’t sound right.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just looked it up. Looks like the mileage benefit could be calculated using the Lease Valuation rule vs cents per mile rule. If it’s lease valuation then it’s calculated by the fair market value of the lease times the percentage of personal use vs business use. So if you got a nice new expensive car and didn’t drive as many business miles this year with covid then that may be why your tax is higher.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have the same car this year as I did last year?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then it has to be the decrease in business miles increasing your personal mileage percentage. That’s some bull though. I’d ask HR for a clarification.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it a bad thing I don’t feel comfortable asking HR? It will just immediately put me on a negative Nancy list with my manager.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100%. HR is there strictly for “management” (I use that term loosely). There’s no advocate for reps, there’s no trustworthy source to speak to, any time you question something or want clarification you’re labeled as a bad attitude. And might even get a warning or write up. Which is very insecure of “management”.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know all too well the unsafe feeling of questioning anything at Supernus. But I don’t think it applies here when you’re talking about asking the payroll and benefits department for clarification about your payroll and benefits.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No it applies

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It only applies if you screwed something up.

How do you ask for business as a sales person if you are too scared to ask your own company to get your money right?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is TRASH!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company car was sold as a benefit during my hiring process. Where we ever offered to drive our own car with an allowance? The day the commission/bonus was not paid out what the day the honeymoon was over at Supernus. Does the job offer from Victor at the national sales meeting constitute a future employment contract?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company died when VV left. For a company that prides itself on low turnover rate, a lot of people have left!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This ^^^^^^^^^^

Downhill since VV left.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good thing we still have GC and TR to lead this SF. What a blessing to have these two.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This confusion all could have been avoided if there was an explanation in the email sent out last week as to why our deduction had increased and was being split into two checks this year. It's called transparency. Supernus should try it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^this. Like everything else they tried to sweep it under the rug and scoot by assuming we’re dumb little children who won’t notice. Just like they think this thread is full of a small group of disgruntled and unproductive sales reps instead of really being the majority pulse of the company. They’ll never point the finger at themselves because at the end of the day they really only care about the business. We are all replaceable, as are they.