Millennium Laboratories

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There isn't much action on the lab boards, so I was wondering if anybody over here knows much about Millenium Laboratories? I got contacted by a recuriter today and he said average reps in average territories are making 150k+, with top earners making closer to 300k.

Does anybody know about lab jobs and if this is realistic. Specific examples please. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I won't waste anybody's time with a long response, but I'm familiar with Millennium becuase I sell primarily to pain offices. If you don't have a job, then yes this would be a good move. If you have a decent resume I'd tell you to stay far away from this type of lab sales, you'll basically be selling piss tests, the industry as a whole took a big shot from medicare a couple of years ago and Millennium specifically hires a bunch of ex-pharm rep chearleaders.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on where you are in your career, things to consider:

How is lab testing/diagnostics percieved on a resume compared to other medical sales jobs?

What range of money are most of the reps making?

How stable is the industry?

Major competitors and how does this company stack up?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole industry is high turnover, if you're looking for a stable place to work for a few years I wouldnt suggest lab urine testing. There also isn't much loyalty with customers, it's easy for them to switch for any reason and most offices (unless regulated by state) won't follow the protocols to test the patients that need to be tested.

Going forward I don't think lab testing is a very good resume builder compared to something with an OR, hospital or selling a peice of equipment.