Mitsubishi Neurology

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone been contacted about these openings? Any info on timeline?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a call from the recruiter the other day. There will be a skype interview, face to face the week of 3/6, offers made 3/24, home study to start 4/10. Drug to be approved May or June.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea on salary range?
    I am experienced in Neurology.
    Car or car allowance?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is this an Inventiv position or Mitsubishi position? What's it like working for Inventiv?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bonus is 40K at plan, no idea on base but more than 80K. Employed by inVentive and I believe it has a car.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wondered why MT is going thru Inventiv to hire a sales team. Upon further research, I found out that another company is currently in development of an oral formulation of edaravone. Maybe MT is hedging its bet by using inVentiv. This could be only a two year job. Thoughts?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it is only a year. They are not looking for people with experience and relationships in Neurology.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoke with recruiter. Base less than 100k and must have infusion/buy and bill experience to speak with mgr.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course it is less than 100K! If they were going to pay that much, they wouldn't use inVentiv to recruit people.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who the hell are you? You are not an inVentiv employee......because inVentiv does NOT have an "e" at the end! Before you start typing, at least know how to spell the name of the company you are talking about!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. I was told they can go up to 110k

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, take a xanax and chill the F out.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am very mixed on this position. It'd be cool to sell an ALS drug but the data doesn't look great. We're talking about a slight difference in FRS score versus placebo and only in a small subgroup. Phase 3 study actually failed. Not so keen on being an inVentiv employee either.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Told that base max is $130. DOE & relationships.

With a competitor to launch an oral version of the same molecule, this will be a short-term contract role.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some really stupid people have chimed in on this thread.

Oral is in phase 2- more than a year out. The infusion version isn't even a guarantee approval. Also what makes you think that Treeway will have its own salesforce? How do you know they won't contract with Inventiv. How do you know that Mitsubishi won't buy the rights to the oral.

This isn't being set up as a short term gig. Use your head.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The other thing to remember is that taking oral medication can be a challenge for ALS patients, so regardless if the oral version comes out, the infusion is the better option. Anything to extend a patient's life with this horrible disease is a god send.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This opportunity sounds excellent

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't get your hopes up on this one. Drug will not get approved. Edaravone failed its phase 3 study. Only one subgroup showed improvement and it was a very minor improvement on a subjective FRS score. No way FDA approved this drug that will cost taxpayers well over 100k per year on a slight subjective improvement.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One phase 3 trial had no issues. The big issue will be if the FDA accepts the trials that were done overseas and used for approval in Japan.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, it's the IV form for which uptake is questionable. Even if pts start infusions in office and finish course at home, as they are attempting in Japan, that's a lot of daily infusions and travel for mobility-impaired pts whose caregivers are already managing a lot. Orals if crushable or liquid are no prob -- placed in feeding tube, which a lot of ALS pts end up with.

The efficacy data are weak, yes, and the only way FDA says yes is political, which is very possible, but doesn't guarantee sales in any way. Mitsubishi itself estimates pts in the early stages used in the trials only comprise about 20% of ALS pts to start with. Will MCOs pay big $ for use in later stages? That too would only be political as this will go into the specialty tier. My prediction: PBMs will have pressure to put on formulary so will use safety argument/indication to limit eligibles, but if early reports are good, that falls apart.

Dealer's choice -- do you feel lucky? Could also see off-label use in stroke in ER since is approved elsewhere. FRS is flaky scale so you might actually see better data in the wild, which would pave the way for the oral's regulatory pathway.