Mix Talent recruiters ghosted me

Discussion in 'Acadia Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 10, 2020 at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had a great phone screen with a recruiter. They said at the end they’d be referring me for a follow on with the manager.

The next day, they send me an email with the managers name, the full steps of the interview process and finishes up saying that they are getting in touch with said manager and will contact me when it is scheduled.

2 weeks later. Crickets. I’ve emailed and called back. Still crickets.

If the manager doesn’t want to interview me, cool. Just tell me. But has anyone else been completely ghosted like this in the process?

I also have the managers name, so it would be super easy to find them on LinkedIn and message them there. Is that a bad idea? Or would it show initiative?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is unfortunately the new normal in pharma recruiting and probably other industries as well. It makes absolutely no sense for both the recruiter and the company because second and third place candidates are so pissed at both companies that they never look at them again. I have no idea other than recruiters simply dont like to deliver bad news to candidates as to why this happens...but it happens all the time now! sad.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there some HR code that says you can’t be courteous and tell someone they didn’t make the cut until the offer has been accepted?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Email the manager, what's the worst that can happen, they still won't call you back?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont give up hopes - it's a massive expansion and the process is moving slow.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you guys for the optimistic and constructive help. That’s rare here. Much appreciated.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you were ghosted like most of us, you were just earlier in the process. I’m supposed to still be waiting on the final interview. Haven’t heard a word except from the recruiter saying I’m still in the running! Who knows what’s going on?!!?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get with the PDUFA date being pushed back the process just got extended.. but no reason they can’t reply to emails right?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mixed talent is low end recruiting service. Basic communication and follow up should be a given with a recruiting agency you would think.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Same experience. Working with Chris Martin who is lacking on the follow-up and professionalism. Never heard of Mix Talent before, but am not impressed.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible just horrible recruiting agency. Good, bad, indifferent about each candidate should not affect practicing basic transparency and communication skills.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds to me like you are all just low end candidates who can't even sell yourself to a recruiter.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh no! Some rando on CP doesn’t think I’m a good candidate. Time for me to suffer an existential crisis.

Look man, whether or not I was a good candidate, it’s about professionalism and common courtesy.

If you, as a recruiter, answer the typical closing question of every pharma interview, “would you feel confident moving me to the next stage of interviews?” And they say yes, they will be referring me, then send me an email with the next interviewers name, and say they will follow up as soon as they have a time scheduled... You should actually respond.

If I didn’t make the cut, I’m a big boy, I can handle the news. Just let me know so can move on to something else.