Money from acquisition - newbie question

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious about whether or not employees make money from an acquisition? I get that if you own stock and the stock price goes up then you do, but I mean above and beyond that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had Cubist stock it was converted to cash and you made money. But Cubist stock no longer exists. There is no money to be made unless you are still earning a paycheck or ) severance.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All employees with 8 yrs of service or more received $500k as part of the acquisition. I feel sorry for the new employees and those who left. I received my $500k in addition to my RSU and options that was paid out. I'm waiting on the severance package and I'm moving on to my next opportunity.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer your question there is typically no money to be made for employees in an acquisition beyond a premium paid above and beyond the market price of the acquired company. In some rare cases no market premium is paid at all during an acquisition and the acquiring company can actually purchase a company below the current market value of the stock. Optimer is an example of where that occurred.

Sometimes there are downstream benefits resulting from an acquisition can include other measures. When an acquiring company is concerned about turnover or loss of key employees it is not uncommon for the acquiring company to offer a significant retention bonus to retain the employees of the acquired company. This is commonly seen during takeover of tech company or in financial services fields where specific technical knowledge or account relationships want to be retained or preserved.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is BS....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS you idiot troll, try another board where another idiot might believe you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks everyone!
    I was momentarily excited about the $500k until I got to the bottom of the comments.. oh well. I guess if you want to make big money you go into investment banking or software engineering.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want your $500k contact TC, GS, MB and RP, they made off with tens of millions off the sweat and hard work of the real people who built the company, the sales force! I think $500k is the least they could have scraped off their over flowing plates of money to us pheasants.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you want that kind of money that start your own damn company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want an opportunity for a big payoff all you have to do is have enough vision to identify a company prior to commercialization, identify a company with a product that will actually throw off enough revenue to drive shareholder and finance the building of the company, decide to move your family to wherever the company is located before the drug is approved, take less salary than you are making currently but meaningful equity, work your ass off to execute your vision, believe strong enough in the mission to stay the course when the inevitable challenges and naysayers emerge, avoid excuse makers and negative people, ideally rid the company of these folks and in the end cash in and live happily ever after.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like an awesome plan until you run into snakes like GS, TC, MB, RP...they are ones living happily ever after meanwhile the rest of us are sweating if we have jobs, extra field rides, paperwork and a BS company.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They played you all for fools....how do you feel now as they laugh all the way to the bank. Not Cubist it's Chumps. They fooled you all chief!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

better hide here troll

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hide in my a butt hole loser.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moo