Monthly car fee increasing?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Apr 2, 2018 at 10:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody heard of changes to fleet monthly cost coming soon?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven't heard that yet, but wouldn't be surprised.

I do know that they are skipping the spring new car order cycle. There won't be new car orders until September.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit on the car ordering, I ordered mine a few weeks ago and will be getting it in June.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you placed your order thru AZ. AZ did not place any orders. Remember this is company car not your car. With the freeze on hiring and natural attrition depleting our ranks, AZ has lots of vacated vehicles to reassign.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Certainly hope that there would be a backlash if that happened. Last time they did that gas was $4 gallon. So, they justified it. Now, it's been the same, even though gas prices are 40% less. I wonder what their excuse would be this time? It's mostly garbage excuses anyway.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pascal here. We need the extra money you filthy rep! Now go sell something you lazy, ALL DAY LIE, piece of shit!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After they deduct the cost from the company taxes, you get to pay the rest of the bill. The company goal is to break even. This is all carefully calculated. Like your health insurance, the company never has our best interests at heart. It is all about the money.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a different poster than above. I’m at 83k and haven’t heard a thing. I called Wheels several weeks ago, they didn’t have anything on spring ordering.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How were you notified? Both my manager and I are overdue for a new car. We haven’t heard from Wherls.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no spring ordering cycle. Next one is in September.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty soon, cars will be replaced once a year. The mileage will jump to 85,000 and those with over 100,000 will be the first to get new cars. So lets say you have 91,000 at the time for new cars but AZ only has allotted a certain number. They will target the very very high mileage cars first meaning you probably won't get a new car. So add another 20K+ miles to the car before you get a new one. Maybe 4 or 6 years. Wringing every drop out. The AZ way.

PS: I am only speculating but based on previous actions I would not be a bit surprised. And if you live in a metro area where you put very little miles on the car, maybe a mandatory flip at 10 years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares as long as the company pays for the gas, insurance, upkeep, and repairs? As long as they keep it well maintained, so what?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I care. I don’t drive the company car outside work as my personal car accommodates my family much better. Yet I am not able to opt out of paying for something I don’t use. So yes I care.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

# of miles to get a new car?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

80k.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you will not get your POS car until it has over 100,000 miles. People on my team have 125,000 miles on some of their cars. I hope price is not going up. This is the only company I know of that does not give SUV’s or vans as an option. The car cost is double what other companies cost too for a ridiculous small car. I would prefer car allowance and then I can get an SUV

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as I can still Uber on the weekends I’m good

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With company car?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Respiratory Biologic team doesn’t even pay a car allowance.
    Negotiated with new hires plus vehicle upgrades
    Someone’s going to pay for it - may as well be the rest of us

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS