Morale is as Low as Commissions

Discussion in 'Merial' started by anonymous, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congrats to upper management in creating an atmosphere of impossible goals, low motivation, stupid spiffs no rep will ever see, and product launches with no comp for the reps. It is no secret most reps morale is the lowest ever and management continues to ignore their most valued asset. Their people are really ready for this "transition" to be over. Worst year ever and absolute nonsense comp plan.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just be thankful you have a job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, that was so insightful.
    It just really picked my spirit up!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just be thankful not all the good talent has left yet is the response from the sales team.

"Just be thankful you have a job" seems to be the mantra of management. We are so lucky to be treated this way. Thank you Master!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least we know where we are going if we stay. That's more than the BI reps can say. Sucks to be them

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very insightful from a former Insightful. I am glad I don't have to be the district computer expert anymore.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm guessing you weren't here in 2012 and 2013?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually, yes, be happy to have a job- in this economy that is a great deal to be happy about!
    look at the Elanco thread- with the BI vaccine aquisition, they have to take on 50% of BI salesforce- some Elanco reps will very possibly get displaced- how is that for a thankyouforyouryearsofservice??

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, it doesn't. Any BI reps not picked up by Elanco were offered a guaranteed position with BI. So, if Elanco doesn't pick up your local BI rep then it very could well suck to be YOU!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will have some of what you are smoking, cause there is no guarantee of employment for BI reps that do not get picked up by Elanco. We don't know exactly how it's going to go down, one thing for sure is this deal is going to put a good amount of reps out to pasture. I am sure it will be some from Merial, some from Elanco, and many from BI. I am sick of all the deals on the human side that screw up careers on the animal health side.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BI reps have been told that they have to take an Elanco position if offered. If not offered a position by Elanco, they will still be BI employees, but BI does not know for how long. The Merial reps are the luckiest people on the planet! The BI product line will now be the old Merial product line, so their reps have the advantage in retaining positions. They get to keep their current position, but now work for a quality company. No more GPS and a ton more vacation.

I can assure you that nothing BI has communicated to it's reps indicates that they have a home with BI in the future. Sleep well at night Merial reps, you're going to be just fine.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Elanco has 200+ reps. They don't need more. It is going to get interesting quickly, especially for BIVI. Novartis-gone, Merial-gone, Zoetis-layoffs, Virbac-layoffs. Security doesn't exist.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where does Merck fit into the scenario?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're one of the Big 3 now; Zoetis, BI and Merck. They've got all the people they need.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We live in a bubble if we think it does.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unlike in WWII, you're going to be left to the Germans this time. Maybe they'll pull that GPS out of your asses before they screw you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merial reps may not be as safe as they think....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely won't be. Only 50 reps going to Elanco.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Elanco may be talking to 50, but no way they're extending 50 offers. The Merial reps will have the experience with the new product line, so what makes you think that a current BI rep has a chance at keeping their job? If the BI reps are safe, why is there a retention incentive and increased bonus payout?