More and More Changes! The Sken and Furtaw show!

Discussion in 'Karl Storz' started by anonymous, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More ways to fuck the sales reps... The latest decision to do away with gas cards, cap fuel costs based on geography, the addition of tracking software to our phones for mileage and reduction in allowance has gone too far. Reps will only be reimbursed for driving during certain hours and geography.
    Between Sken and Furtaw and their constant cuts the reps will owe the company money each pay period as opposed to receiving a pay check. Total crap and this has to stop. One thing for sure, after 9 years my resume is getting dusted off tomorrow. I never thought I would say such but Charlie has let this thing get way out of hand and it is obvious h really doesn't give a shit. The upper management continues to manage via intimidation. Nothing will change until things turn downward financially and maybe then someone will recognize that nuts are running the asylum.
    Cant believe they are getting ready to fuck us out of our piddly car allowance and fuel card to add more to the bottom line. Shitty way to do business!!!!!!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No gas cards? These type of decisions are only made when someone has convinced leadership that there is money to be saved because they are being taken advantage of. Get ready to start paying for a load of personal miles as the "tracking beacon" determines on its own what the company pays and what you pay. Really, really bad decision! Notice that these bean counters never have any suggestions or ability to create more business just how to manage expenses on the back of the customers and employees. It is just shameful!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

total shit show. The titanic is sinking and folks are slowly but surely jumping overboard. The latest with the Gestapo tracking software and attempt to convince us this is for IRS compliance is over the top. This is about one thing and one thing only. To not have to pay for expenses. If this was about compliance and fairness the IRS chargeable mileage allowance is the best way to go. What is next? Doubling up with roommates at company meetings? Wilhelm should be ashamed of himself for such a flawed plan and executing on a job to screw his employees.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sken looks to trim expenses by going to 1099 employees. It's coming.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This management team is a bunch of fucking losers and everyone in the company and industry knows it. They are sinking a great company. Total shit show. Let's see how bad they can fuck it up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't have said it better.

~Jack Welch

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait! Chris Smith let the cat out of the bag. He admitted this was not about compliance but about "saving millions". The savings comes straight from the rep. The company line is that the savings will come from excess taxes they will no longer have to pay. This is inaccurate. GAP allow for employee expenses to be handled differently. The company's next line of defense is it is "for compliance". Again not true. There are thousands and thousands of companies that handle their employees personal mileage the same and don't have an issue. All bullshit pumped to them by the company selling the service. As an accountant, I am ready to go toe to toe with their folks on the cc. Leave it to Chris Smith to step all over himself and expose the real reason. Put this down! Not about compliance but all about cutting expenses and filling in the overhead caused by unnecessary unproductive expansion on the backs of the rep. Sad state of affairs.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chris let the cat out of the bag because he's a pussy! As shitty as this upper management is, never regard or include this jag as part of upper management. He's the kernel of corn in the shit!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed totally. He is a pawn of Wise and all he stands for. When he is the face of the company sent out to defend their flawed decision, it indicates how out of touch the leadership has become.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Achtung!!!
    This is too much for me. I am the great granddaughter of camp survivors of WW2. The thought of a tracking app/device should not surprise me. Just the type of action used by the Reich. Is it surprising given where the company's roots derive? Ready to say Sieg Heil.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tracking software? This sounds like the NSA or as you say Nazi tactics. I am not ok with this.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is coming! Starts May 1st.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company. Unbelievable! Stay away. This place is a shell of what they use to be.

Speaking honestly... The products are serviceable to good but NOT industry leading. We are NOT innovators. Be prepared to win battles by lowering your price and collecting less commission because there are very few products that speak to the surgeon.

We have a decent image. Who doesn't these days??? We have a half baked ICG product that is laughable. a 3D product that no one uses or gives a shit about. Also,We will be last to market with a 4k product and I guarantee there will something screwed up with that as well. And for the love of God, can someone get me a GOD DAMN 5mm digital scope!!! We are really just a "me too" company with the likes of Stryker, Olympus, and even Arthrex now. Smith & Nephew and Linvatec also aren't as far behind as they use to be.

Oh and we still get away selling antiquated surgical, and urological instrumentation. Its a matter of time till we lose further market share in these categories as well.

Last thing, the pay f--king sucks here. As many of my colleagues have iterated, I use to work a whole lot less for a lot for money. Now its the other way around!

If we are lucky we will not become the next Richard Wolf in the next 10 years!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys are such whiners. I sell for Storz and a)went to a fuel-efficient car and therefore pocket more $$ with the car allowance/mileage change and b)laugh when I hear our competitors are out-pacing us technology wise. Sounds like u guys don't know the competition well enough. Honestly, I don't get it. Storz is not perfect but let's be honest, there's not one of our competitors we'd rather sell for. If so, go work for them and whine their culture into the ground.