More change

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by anonymous, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you do not believe backorders can hinder sales than you should not be in leadership. Moron! If you do not understand how sales are affected in an unmanageable territory, then you are a moron and should not be in leadership. I can agree that we should to sell on price. We have excellent products. We do not need to lower prices or sell on price. What I can not agree with is the fact that you have this assumption that the sales reps lack sales skills , persistence, drive and work ethic. Far from the truth. That statement alone is disgusting and sums up the mentality of the leadership team. Blame everyone else but ourselves. We have some of the most driven, hardest working reps that I have ever met. Fuck you for having the nerve to pass the blame to those have made this company what it once was. You are disgusting. A handout? We work for pennies here to get berated and blamed for all of the fuck up of the idiots at the top. That is why our employee survey results were at 20%. What ever happened to our “plan of action” to fox this toxic, miserable culture?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now if we can get rid of the RVPs, we may be able to turn the ship around. Never understood why they hired the 4 puppets.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Notice how everyone gets monthly ranked except the puppets.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you
    I agree with you I am at the bottom of the rankings as well and I blame my manager, back orders, territory size and shady practices from my competition. We don't need to raise our prices as we never loose business to Medline or other knock offs. Hospitals and clinicians always value better products over price

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would they ever get rid of them now? And replace them with who? What good talent wants stock options to come work at convatec

Results are somehow not bad enough to warrant a change so its status quo...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. One of many problems here is there is that the so-called leaders, from too many RSMs and above are not "members" of their own teams but rather propagandists for an inept finger pointing group of D level senior management. Most of the reps at Convatec are hard working and dedicated. Dedicated in fact to many who don't deserve the dedication.

One last thought, now would be an outstanding time to bid farewell to the rest of the poisonous Covidian Cronies that TMoron brought in before he bailed.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dont think this is very accurate. We have some really stupid reps who think that price is not important and dont understand the buying cycle. Also I think it is hilarious that poor performers blame everybody but themselves, its always the same! Come on and get a grip and talk with someone who understands how our products are purchased. In reality we should fire the sales training department for not teaching our new reps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the end of the day we need to realize that this is Wound Care. Wound care is the bottom feeder for medical device. Most of us new reps are only using this as a steppingstone stone for our career The problem is that there is no direction from our sales Leaders. Thus ConvaTec is a laughingstock of a company. If our sales leaders were paid on performance maybe there would be some skin in the game for them. I know that pay here for a rep is far below the average for Medical Device

The sales training department is not that that bad. I just recently went through Pacesetter. Since I have been here the President of US, Director of Training, VP of Contracting and now the VP of sales has left. At one point there was 30+ openings for sales reps. Every time I open my cpu there’s a list of new employees. I just found out that we don’t even have a person at the helm, supposedly the new CEO starts in September.

You really need to look in the mirror and stop making the front line people the excuse. The real reason is that there seems to be no strategy and a bunch of individuals who have no leadership skills or vision for this company. The leadership team is a revolving door. Just like me, they are using this as a gap filler in thier career or trying to use it as a stepping stool for advancement.

You can not create success with out a culture. You can’t create a culture if there is no leaders or the supposedly leaders continue to leave.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well one down one to go......will be quickly exposed now that the security blanket is gone.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Often, we talk about the qualities and actions of good leadership, but I think it is important that we learn to spot bad leadership. Here are the top ten results of bad leadership:

1. The realm under the leader has little if no strategy or plan to inspire and drive people. Literally there is no vision, the purpose of the business is primarily focused on making money, becoming bigger, and taking care of itself (the self-licking ice cream cone). Any goals are developed to ensure each subordinate leader can justify their position in the strategic plan and do little to overcome barriers to a future vision. Any vision and goals are such low targets that they, in most cases, have already been attained.

2. Program accountability is slowly eroding and nothing is done about it (i.e., deadlines are missed, people not qualified are in positions, reports are misleading/false/nonexistent, etc.). Expectation barely exists in the organization because targets, rules, and requirements are ignored. Organizations like audit, risk, and compliance are seen as the enemy and kept away from the organization and treated with fear. When there is a finding from one of these organizations, the leaders spend all their resources to point blame, make it go away, and/or cover it up, but does little to nothing to solve the root causes that created the issue in the first place.

3. There is a complete lack of organizational performance and process management and accountability. No one knows deeper than monthly what they are doing from a measurement perspective and there is a complete lack of process focus. Everyone simply does their own thing and what little process documentation is lodged tightly in the heads of the employees and passed down like tribal knowledge. Knowledge systems are bursting at the seems with senseless information without any organization. Variance across processes run rampant and unchecked.

4. There is a significant lack of communication both internally and externally. What little communication that is occurring lacks any direction or strategic intent. The leadership doesn’t even know who their stakeholders are to communicate to. The term "customer" is used, but they are a faceless entity that nothing is really known about. Specifications for work are all internally created and bear no resemblance to competition or what customers actually want. In some cases, the customer is seen and portrayed as the enemy.

5. The organizational structure looks like a Christmas tree and is broken into functional and operational departments that are so siloed that the company looks like an island chain. There is little communication and less cooperation across departments. Each silo is only focused on what they do for themselves, they see everyone else as a competitor for money and manpower, and they simply throw work over the wall versus work in an end-to-end process.

6. Education and training opportunities might exist, but there is no plan or strategy to develop employees and leaders. The activity, if it happens at all, is chaotic and clearly broken. Employees mainly spend resources to gain skill through training so they can leave the company.

7. Operational effectiveness, based in things like defect counting, process timing, first pass yield, on time delivery, customer satisfaction, etc. is barely looked at (if at all) and nothing of substance is done about it.

8. Leaders across the organization focus on tactical operations, ignore problems, lack methodical problem solving, micromanage work, and have little vision at work. Toxic leaders focus on the knife fight and fail to see the forest through the trees.

9. Good, hard working employees are consistently overlooked for promotion opportunities and are kept “getting the work done.” The great employees have either turned apathetic in the workplace, are looking for other opportunities, or have already left. Attrition and absenteeism is high and morale is very low.

10. Almost all the leadership and management below a bad leader looks the same. The problems above spread to every corner what that leader controls. Bad leaders conspire with other bad leaders to corrupt the entire organization because this eliminates the need for accountability. Soon, the toxicity has spread to the highest-level executives and even possibly the president or CEO. The leadership ranks become bloated with high-paid executives who do little and hold no one accountable to organizational values.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you want sales to turn around we have to get on contracts. No other way in anymore. Tenured managers don’t even know how to work contracts with hospitals anymore and no one in Bridgewater helps.

Here’s a plan, start with getting rid of the corporate Accounts Morons. They all do nothing to get us on contracts and are flying around getting airline points and hotel miles. Fraudulent group.

Next clear out the people collecting paychecks in Bridgewater like finance, Hr, Chuck Cermjna, Charles belinghuah, Wayne Christmas, Rebecca Wrigth, Christian hangard, and anyone else who reported to George.

Sad to say, Company is unsalvageable.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This!!! Very well said. These D list cronies do not understand this. Most of the great talents have left after 15-20 years. Wake up.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh come off it already. Stop trying to spin this stuff. The leadership team has let this company down. There is no two ways about it. Stop blaming the sales team Rick.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

STANDING OVATION!!!!! Nail on head!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i hear that q2 was pretty good and brought us closer to the forecasted number. I’m guessing this has to be to AAA starting to take off since most chronic tms are at plan. Surgical and ostomy TMs are definitely struggling. If anyone left on them leadership team had any skills they would change the wound businesss coverage back now. We are going to get killed in the 2nd half. There’s no surgical Tm that can survive, they are split too thin and the scd losses will begin to multiply. Avelle has not taken off because of the new alignment ...spread too thin. Strap one on...ride AAA and penetrate Avelle. Whatcha got to lose, it can’t get any worse. Have a mid year meeting admiting the mistake train everyone, get the ATMs more involved and realign the organization. If you wait till March like we do every year it will be too late.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who ever posted this is right on. This has been ConvaTec for the past 8 years. If you are on the leadership team please speak your voice and continue to fight the UK. We are the main revenue stream for ConvaTec.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#9 exactly right.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy is talking about culture and didn't realize that the new CEO hadn't started until months into the job...

This is the quality of new hires folks.