More Layoffs in Cali?

Discussion in 'Labcorp' started by anonymous, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager just "told" me (wink wink). To be prepared for some changes next week. Any idea how many, and what depts are being affected?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard about something from an inside source too that told me no one knows this yet but I think the contract loss won't affect Cali. But there will be an impact for sure.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Tuscan remote pathology group (US Labs) and LA pathology team (Genzyme Genetics) are terminated effective Sept. 25. A few key pathologists will remain to support the Phoenix lab. These 2 groups were the remnants of 2 giant competitors who LabCorp purchased, took the stock bump, and dissolved. U.S. labs and GG client services teams are laid off as well.

Good news for newly hired IO SDEs....you will be able to resell the lost business for call in. Project Sunshine has reached the ultimate goal. New York is on the docket next. Keith H. Will need his stock options sufficiently funded to carry out LabCorp's marching orders.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they were looking at some of the phlebs. That could just be rumor though. It wasn't exactly from a "reliable" source.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what is going on here?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everything (that means all of it) gonna wind down in Cali to zero. NY and Shelton gonna be hit in 2016. Nice cheap real estate in Jersey.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this for the lab side only? The covance Cali side is supposed to be expanding. We are booming with business right now so things look good for us.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you saying that San Diego is closing? Just turning it all over to Quest? I don't think so. From where are you getting this tasty bit of info.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you drinking son?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YOU. MUST. BE. HIGH

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am! I need to be to tolerate wading through all the bs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the Union is making them turn tail and run?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bahahahahaha. Never gonna happen.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aaaaaaaah does anyone really know what's going on in this shithole?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone mentioned to me a possibility of paycuts, I don't know anything about layoffs though.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who makes up this stuff? They won't cut your pay but they will terminate you instead.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HOLd on tight because its going to shake, rattle and roll. Just wait until Dec.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, right. And you know this clause??? Those really in the know wouldn't broadcast it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correction: You know this because??

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard it from a SVP. A reliable source in Burlington.