More layoffs in corporate this week

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Procurement layoffs in all sectors this week. I wonder how many people affected across the board. How much more will they outsource? Any other enterprise functions impacted?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they’re can outsourced sales to contracted sales, any internal departments can be outsourced easily.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I read and was like YES...then procurement. I'm not sure why we need so many people in supply chain and procurement. I can order just about everything online without even needing to meet someone over drinks and cigars. The last meeting I was in had my boss downing 2 double gin and tonics in an hour at company expense. At that rate, not sure how he can even think.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wondering how procurement and supply chain were able to justify to continue to expand. Look at the job board, ~30% of the openings are from supply chain and procurements.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

cat

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In a Town Hall today, one question regarding head cuts in a specific organization, everyone on stage started looking at the others to give the answer. Those of us in the room got the message clearly. Body language was much clearer than the spoken non-answer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Massive layoffs at Biosense Webster along with their site closure announced yesterday

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surprising the questions weren’t screened to avoid the awkwardness. That’s generally the routine in West Chester. Not surprising that no one in leadership had the balls to offer an answer.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Massive cuts at DePuy Synthes on the spine side this month too. The cuts took place in Sales, Marketing and R&D. Morale is at an all time low.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The divestiture for the spine division is coming.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry for those impacted as well as the survivors.

“It is the <j&j> way.”

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they finally get rid of the Spine specialty sales group ?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That team was dismantled on the prior cut to this most recent round.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another successful Alex G purchase

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spine should have massive cuts, they are growing at -9%

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is TW still the VP of sales for the spine division? Spine has had massive growth declines under his watch.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before JuanJose was fired he brought in a Spine Exec that he slotted in between himself and TW. Not sure if TW had his title downgraded, but he clearly wasn’t in charge any longer. Funny, TWs first quarter as “the guy” in spine they actually had 5% growth. Boy was he a cocky SOB. That changed quickly when spine went back to being a declining business. He would come to West Chester and try not to be seen.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That type of high level redundancy in a sales organization doesn't make any sense. They've let go a ton of seasoned good people and yet TW still remains.