More layoffs in september?

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by anonymous, Aug 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word has been going around. Largo division layoffs. Around september holiday.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm new. What is the Largo division?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Orthopedic Division, called Linvatec. Getting their ass kicked worse than ever by Arthrex, Smith & Nephew, and Stryker. No innovation, no acquisitions worth mentioning, and the worst management you could ever imagine. Hopefully the layoffs will be in management. Marketing is unbelievably weak too.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Majority of layoffs will be in R&D and Ops. We don't design and make anything any longer so no further need for manufacturing personnel.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was just wondering what this train wreck of a company was up to. Hey Curt, "if you don't grow, you should go!"
    Remember that, buddy!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He made over 3 million in total comp, would you go?
    He is no different then a typical sales person, ride the train until you get shown the door or until the next gig comes along.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The execs will do fine. It's the line workers and middle managers in Largo that will suffer in the next layoff.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Need to layoff John H from the C&CC division. The guy is clueless. But, his mission is to bump up sales so that Curt can sell the division. So maybe I'm wrong...he's not clueless, just can't be honest with the sales force about his true motivation. How much payout you going to get when the division is sold John?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard Largo Division is working line employees 24/7, 7 days a week.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes in some buildings there's overtime on satruday and sunday. They are moving some production people into machining (pmo) to help out. I heard it's all a deceptive sneaky tactic. They sell off a huge portion of the company's safety stock to start. And now we have so much work and overtime? It will end soon. An engineer mentioned in a conversation I overheard that all 4 buildings have no interns right now. It's just M.E.'s working at max throddle on their own. The company really is digging itself into a hole it can't get out of just by looking at how they treat the mechanical engineers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something is really wrong here. Recent hires of former Stryker and retired Navy with no prior medical device history. Looks like Joe is bringing his friends along for the big cash out when they sell to Stryker.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two of the funniest jokes on CF in one sentence. Pull your head out, Joe has been gone a long time. Pull your head out part two, Stryker will never buy Conmed. Hilarious!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently you have some sort of anal fetish and it's ok. We will still love you. Joe W is still alive and kicking and Stryker execs would do well considering the winters in Michigan to move headquarters to sunny Florida. It makes perfect sense. Conmed board of directors is just waiting on the right offer and Stryker is wise to hold back until ready considering CNMD price today against the market.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think stryker will move its head quarters to Florida? I am pretty sure they will just fire everyone there, and close up shop. Stryker is not waiting for the stock to keep bottoming out, companies buy other companies to make better use of their assets, not because they are a good deal. If the assets held by conmed have less and less worth, no one is going to want them. The only answer for conmed is to grow out of this situation, but let's face it, the possibility of that is fading.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ax to fall next week?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess...axe will fall in October or November when Curt and gang realize they need more layoffs to make their numbers. Look for at least one AD in each division to get the phone call.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hasn't the axe been falling since July 2014 when curto hijacked the CEO seat? the axe needs to fall on those he kept that have been the root of conmeds demise for the past 20 years!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what no replies??????????

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hurricane Irma ripping through Florida right now. Layoffs on hold, like all our products. NCR's. (inside joke).