More Layoffs

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is that more layoffs came, and more are coming in Health Plans, & Hospitals.

What a tragedy, I would say I'm angry, but it's more just sad what has happened.

More and more customers don't like us in New York, it's just like the Yankees, loss of leadership and everything starts to fall apart.

I long for the days of Ken.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't start that crap going.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marketing already hit. On the flip side come to sales where they can't seem to get enough people

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what departments or is it across the board? I see you said Hospitals...but I don't know what that means....who has been hit? Provide more information....I believe it...but am curious what is happening...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are right...I am getting laid off on Monday.

Overall additional layoffs of 40 people next week.

Thanks Seimens for destroying Quest! Good Job John and Jack, and the hell with you both!!! Bastards!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What areas are being hit with these layoffs? Hope you land on your feet

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and which BUs? Is it hitting all BUs and all departments or just certain areas? Q is almost 1/2 the size it use to be, based on employees....so sad these times we are in...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is just going to continue to get worse during 2011.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The layoff starting tomorrow will focus on marketing and health plans downsizing.

Not sure what the criteria is.

Last week the head of marketing Anne Messing's position was "eliminated". She was Jack Kenny's right hand person--many of the layoff's are targeting the Seimen's crowd.

New regime is cleaning house, and I suspect it is bringing in their own people.

This company is in major trouble...new management every 1 1/2 years...insane!!!

No stability, no direction, no loyalty to employees...at the end of the day, who wants to work here anymore!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is in the works for Quest Billing Departments? And Client Services?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am glad the Seimen's crowd is being targeted. It has been a complete disaster ever since "they" showed up! Maybe with these unnecessary positions being elimiated, the sales team can focus a little a make some money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the one person responsible for the mess is still running the show. How pathetic

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really is sad to see a once great company going down the drain. Used to be a great place to work but those days are long gone.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how many people were laid off in marketing this morning...it is suppose to be a bloodbath

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken Freeman made a very stupid decision before retiring. He put Surya in charge.
    Subsequently, the talent left, and marketing (however you wish to define it or why) cannot get enough new or hold on to sufficient old business to maintain stasis, yet alone grow. Surya is unable to inspire anyone to perform miracles thus the company needs to shrink accordingly.
    All divisions and levels shrink when such things occur. I'll bet the non-exempt's get hit harder than most.
    Remember what it was like back 30 years ago? That's what will happen. Double duties, cross covering, limited vacation selections.
    However, there's an FBI investigation into hospital outreach programs and Stark violations. There may be some leveling of the playing field - MAY be.
    The only other thing that could make a difference is Surya getting canned. A lot of people have sacrificied themselves and their careers towards that ultimate end.
    You will note in last quarter's earnings conference call that they were on their way to paying $1,000,000,000 toward supporting the stock's price in 2010. One billion. In one year! To cover up the inadequacies of Ken's selection.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's just the new guy cleaning up all the jobs that were "created" for the Siemans crew. Adios guys! Thanks for huge mess you left!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You idiots keep mentioning Siemens, they were originally Bayer and then Siemens bought them out and they left only to come to Quest and infect this company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the latest word? Did these layoffs occur?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JN? Yes, he did have a extremely detrimental effect. JK? Not so much. He was intelligent and approachable in my opinion.

The real "bastard" is SM. He pulled down $1.2M in salaray alone in 2010. And it was SM that allowed JN to decimate a once great organization. He has no discernable leadership or people skills and isolates himself in his own personal little Taj Mahal. He surrounds himself with individuals who are fearful of him and therefore unwilling to express any true thought or suggestion that could make a positive difference.

As a CEO, the man simply sucks and the question we are all asking is "why is he still here". Apparently the Board has no balls or SM simply has effectively kept them in the dark. As a human being , the man is just an over paid POS.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, how many people in total have been laid off since January 1, 2011 ? What a shame.
    How many in Marketing?
    Health Plans?
    Sales Force?
    Training?
    YIKES!