Most people are looking to leave. Why?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by anonymous, Aug 28, 2016 at 6:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just wondering.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because they don't bleed purple or pale gray!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A full bag of sh*t to sell, an unattainable quota for every piece of sh*t,not being paid a commission worth a sh*t, dumb sh*t upper management.......
    Any other questions??

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company does not care about the sales force. The base is awful and not based on cost of living. They pay certain people a higher base than others depending on who they are. The products are low quality and slow to market. The dressings are commodity low cost Bandaids at best. Marketing is full of people who have no idea how to help the sales team. Upper management takes all initiatives away from the reps so no one is motivated to work. They give all the work to the sales team (let's make them tape themselves selling to give them something to do and then blame them when no one can sell our outdated products). They have no successful strategy to create a positive work environment that will build growth for the company and the reps. The training is a disaster for newbies. They fail to recognize those that can offer ways to innovate and grow in a positive direction. It is a failed system due to a team of disengaged, unethical, inexperienced "leaders" that only promotes those who think exactly the same as them. The leaders here are only in positions of power because they were promoted based on who they know or how unethical they were to make a sale. They are not promoted based on their ability to rally a team and create a positive diverse work force that in turn raises a profit for the company. Unfortunately, the majority of reps. are lied to about the pay, expectations, quotas etc so they take the job only to find a wrecking ball waiting for them at the end of the rainbow. That is why GREAT TALENTED reps. are leaving and more will follow... and it costs them MORE to continue to lose and train new reps constantly than it would to just pay the reps. appropriately and incentivize them to give 210%. Giving both the KCI and the Systagenix reps the same products to sell only stresses out the KCI reps because they have enough on their plate. It turns both sides against each other because of power plays with accounts or people not pulling their own weight. And it disengages the customers because they do not want to see 2 reps bothering them about the same exact products. And the fact the Life Cell reps make a 120 base doesn't make anyone on the other teams feel appreciated. Not that the Life Cell products are equal to dressings but if you don't treat reps. equal they won't work equal (and they do have a much better job than the KCI/Systagenix reps in general). Taking away car payments for any vehicle older than 5 years is just another way of saying F you. The reps already pay their own gas, maintenance, tires, insurance....and then they get screwed with the car payments. Not to mention that the mileage is practically non-existent. Anyone who is up to date on the amount of debt this company has incurred has to be wise to understand that these morons at the top have no intention of making this company productive, innovative and successful. Get out as fast as you can...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^ Sums it up quite nicely!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. I was hoping to capture the essence of the Acelity disaster in its entirety without using any profanity or getting too upset. I understand though how others can vent like a truck driver. But seriously, the fact of the matter is management DOES NOT GIVE A SH!T.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^^all so very true. I have heard this about KCI from others in the industry. Also heard they discriminate against female reps and only want younger reps. Any truth to this? I have only seen males in the selling role.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow I could not have said it better myself!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All true from what I've observed!!!!!! I don't know how they continue to get away with this shit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got a call from someone about a Territory Manager position, it sounded pretty good. What is a day in the life of a Territory Manager look like? What are realistic first year earnings like? How are the products?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avg Annual Comp for TSV TMV approx 115-135K. Maybe more if you hit all the buckets, tops around 155K. Not a bad gig, do your job, promote the entire basket and hope for the best. Doesn't matter if you are acute or post acute, shouldn't take more than 30 hours per week, enjoy yourself, work hard while you are working, and live your life. Best NPWT and an excellent line of AWD products. I love it here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately some micro managers have people working 80 hours a week

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

now this is the funniest thing I've read in a LONNNNGGG time. I'd love to see who in this place makes 155 and who only works 30h/wk! What a joke. Read the above posts: people are leaving and can't get out fast enough. No car, minimal car allowance, no gas card, no bonuses, etc., etc., etc.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KCI: KILLING CAREERS INDEFINITELY

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to agree 100%! I have been with this company for some years now and THIS year has got to be the most impossible year ever!!!
    50hr/wk minimum to make 115-125 max, incredible quotas, spending caps on lunch, dinner, etc.
    Expectations are beyond what they have ever been and yes, reps are leaving weekly!
    I remember the days we made commission based on per unit sell, volume selling, YOY, graftjacket, true transition $$$, true pay to drive VAC business versus "maintenance".
    Selling every bucket meant making multi-bucket $$.
    Unfortunately, the company has now chosen to move in a different direction and I truly hope the future is brighter tomorrow than today...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KCI: Killing (your) Career Instantly

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I long ago figured out no reason to go at this job too hard or take it too seriously. If you have a bad manager just wait him/her out. I won't get rich but I won't get stressed.

I work 30-35 hours a week max. I use google maps to input my mileage that I didn't drive. I don't take unexpected phone calls from anyone in the company and use only text. I return all calls within 24 hours. I make a couple of real calls every week and if I can close some sales I do. I fill out my reports on time and call the boss to keep him informed. When possible, I'll make a joint call with a teammate as that info gets up the chain. My numbers are middle of the pack.

No the pay is not what was promised, so I've adjusted my work. I have also built a nice little real estate business on the side. I realize this is a dead end job. Very tough to get out of KCI once you get in. I'm just trying to make the most of a bad situation. The product is pretty good, most of the people are okay although a little whiny, the best reps don't stay and leave right away and most people have figured out to keep your head low and just go about your job. Most hospitals won't switch from us despite our bad customer service so it's just a matter of being nice to everyone.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m interviewing and would appreciate any information you can share about the TM comp plan. Are you paid a percentage of your territory’s revenue or is commission based on growth? I was told at plan compensation is $195K. Is that realistic and is anyone consistently making 195? Thanks in advance.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Base is $65k with bonus at plan of about $70k. Expect $120-$140 depending on goal attainment. I hate the job, but the plan isn't bad (if you make the ridiculous goals). $195K is not reality.