MOST worthless Interview EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Myriad Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time with this two bit company and loser pharma managers. It's a good ol boy network from its rotten core.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken by someone who could not sell and was fired because he/she was worthless.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad I read these posts. You're always going to have the assholes that post only the negative, but this appears to be a hornet's nest.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To set the record straight.
    1) Good base salary.
    2) Uncapped commission. Realistically make $25K+ a qtr for avg rep. Top reps making 60K+ a qtr.
    3) You use your own car...get 56 cents a mile.
    4) Good benefits: medical, 401K, stock purchase at discounted rates
    5) You actually sell this product...not beg like in pharma.

When are interviews not kind of awkward and stressful? This is a legit good company and if you can transition from pharma to this...you hit a jackpot.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are crazy, this company SUCKS!! Been there, done that and thank God I am gone!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Said the person who was fired because he or she could not compete at this company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that! We all know the majority of us are second-rate knock offs who were let go from other companies and came here because we were DESPERATE for a job.

Face the reality, if we all could have stayed at your old companies, we would have and in turn, are stuck at this second-rate company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I agree.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love this quote, most likely from a recruiter, Myriad =bottom of the barrel. Low base, no car, bonus potential is inflated, think about the management team, either cast offs, or people who could not get a real pharma job promoted to management.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"This is not a relationship sell" -classic. only from a medical sales manager. simply beautiful.

I interviewed over the phone with a chick from LA as well. So unprofessional. Here, I am, in my late 30s with multiple awards and an advanced degree, and she asks me what my GPA was! GPA. Come on, dummy.

FU MYRIAD!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny comments. especially about relationship selling. they went all-in as a company on The Challenger Sale, where you're supposed to get in people's face and overwhelm them (drown them) in data. They also talk about 4 calls a day in oncology. As if you're going to just catch an oncologist in the hallway, as if their office staff are going to let you in to do that. oncology revenues were declining versus year ago on the last earnings report. if that trend continues, and it probably will with more competition, then look for this place to become a pressure cooker. the success of the company in its heyday was in an era without competitors and few companies can navigate that kind of transition, so be forewarned. oh, and one more bonus warning - with more competition the ASP will surely come down, and the targets are in dollars and not units so that means you'll have to sell more units just to make up for whatever ASP the managed care team gives up in its contracts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So interesting, I too had an interview with Terry White in Tulsa. He showed up about 30 minutes late, paced back in forth on the phone, completely unprepared interview. Talked about the new house he was building, prompted by the calls he received and answered during the interview. Made sure I knew his kids went to private schools: blah, blah, blah!

Told me I wasn't what Myraid was looking for, driving away it occurred to me how much I knew about him and how little he asked about me. Total egomaniac! Surprised no one at Myriad has figured this guy out. Waste of my time, but so glad to know the important features of his house!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it, Myriad is a bunch of cast offs from other companies. People who could not succeed elsewehere and landed here. Mediocre to say the least.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the thing I can't figure out is why are there so many from Lilly at Myriad? I mean, the obvious reason is because the president came from there and the culture is one of a bunch of yes-men, so that part is easy to understand, but even all the way down to sales manager they have a big preference for Lilly people.... strange

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terry a White is a complete joke. All you have to do is looked at him lame linkedin profile....no experience whatsoever

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No experience whatsoever?? I'm not a huge Terry White fan but he has been # 1 as a Director every year except this year. Obviously you have no idea what you talking about.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great post. one of the top recruiters, Kris C. really believes this garbage. This is a company for recent college grads, those that cant get a job in pharma, or thos who have pharma experience and are out of work. Terry is a guy that was doing ok at a big pharma company, but was not moving up the food chain. He is a big fish in a small pond, and is worthless. Let me know if he was prepared, engaged, and someone you thought highly of, just think is this guy a senior manager?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because any top rep is satisfied with dropping off samples and getting signatures. The fact that you laud pharma tells everyone exactly who you are. What a joke. You’re either someone who was recently fired because you could’t compete with your peers or someone with one foot out the door. Do us all a favor and just go away.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent post and very accurate. Always reach out to a current rep prior to any interview

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dead on, not a bad place to start if you are trying to get into healthcare, coming from Avis, ADP, or are at the end of your career with a pharmaceutical back ground.