Move on from AZ or wait?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recently interviewed for AZ position which would be an advancement. Not offered position, which it seems like AZ culture is leaning towards outside hires anyway.
    Been with AZ over 10yrs....
    Question : since any oncology/nephro/CV/ respiratory specialty sales and ot DSM jobs are hard to come by...
    Would we that have been turned down be 1) better off leaving AZ or
    2) "waiting" for another 3-4 years?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best time to leave is while you have a job.

If you look outside the company right now...you have the luxury of picking your next job. Go out and interview, if you find something better - leave. If you do not, then you've still got the 3rd best SGLT2 to sell!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Original poster here: in this case, a weak respiratory portfolio.
    But if I worked in Diabetes, I'd stay put. Pretty good stuff happening. But even those jobs selling over there are tough to get. Not looking for a lateral move.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty good stuff happening in Diabetes? Such as? Do tell!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your answer is right in front of you. Watch who is leaving right now and how many are in higher leadership positions. There is a reason they are leaving. Because they know what is coming. They are helping to light the fires and then bailing out before the fire reaches them.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over half of my district in diabetes is actively looking. The lack of promotions and toxic culture are the reason no one wants to stay.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good stuff, like I believe we will have BCISE samples by summer!!!!! Then I'll work on achieving that goal they send down to me! Shouldn't be hard to win back customers that walk!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not leaving til they can me. My dsm is da bomb! Coaches me up and inspires me to the greatness within, I never knew I had. You all just jelly you don't get to work for such well tenured greatness! I'm told HQ has their eye on this one! I hope they don't leave. I'd be lost as would the rest of us.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sir or madam with 10 plus years at AZ:
    LEAVE!!
    There is A) near zero probability that you will be in a position to be promoted anytime soon, and
    B) if you stay, zero probability that ANY layoffs will happen in the next couple of years if you are in Diabetes or Respiratory , negating any chance of a severance package.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

id leave if I were u. This company doesn’t give a crap about its employees only the bottom line. Either leave, or get comfortable where you’re at because nobody is getting internal promotions Anymore. What a way to motivate people!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blah blah blah. AZ will retain its low life Diabetes sales force. Suck it up.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KK In Oncology is a sexist bully. He belittles every woman he speaks to and I have not only experienced it personally but have seen him yell at other women who are sales reps and msls. He makes them feel small, irrelevant, and dumb. He has said that “back in the day” he didn’t have women bosses but then everything got politically correct so now he has to listen to their bad ideas. He is an argumentative person and fights with males employees - but he doesn’t insult the men and tell them they are dumb. He only does this with women. And he makes inappropriate comments about the legs of women he sees when he golfs. He is creepy. He makes the work environment very uncomfortable. He is an angry person. He is a BULLY. Oncology leadership knows it and they look the other way because they only care about results. Olivier knows it. Jane know it. Kevin knows it. Gaby knew it. Mike C knows it. Randy knows it. Katy knows it. KK side kick philippe knows it. Philippe is accessory after the fact because he supports KK’s behavior. Managment won’t do anything about it. They just say it’s is “KK being KK” because that’s easier and that KK been around for a long time. Unacceptable. Oncology leadership should be ashamed. With KK there Oncology is not a safe place for women unless you want to be demeaned, feel like your dumb, and that women don’t have a place. KK should not work around women. He is a BULLY. A chauvinist BULLY. A BULLY that doesn’t live the AZ values. If you meet him - stay away.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, I be reeeel careful if I was to meet him from Oncology one of these days.

Does that have anything ,one morsel, to do with "stay or leave", the topic of this thread?

Geez , maybe they need to up your medicine to twice daily. Might be worth investing some time at least inquiring.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP , you kinda answered your own question... 10 years with company , but were looking to make a change and more $$, you are in the job market officially now - even if you don't know it... you interviewed with a company (that just happened to be your current one)...OUCH! turned down-happens....

DO Really, really, really like AZ?? do they really really really like you (does the CEO invite you to play golf, send personal xmas card- if not the answer is not really) ..

wait around couple years , few %increase in pay..and interview again? Think the guy/gal interviewing you across the table won't be wondering "mmmh , this guy didn't get hired last time...wonder what dirt he's hiding? better pass"

Keep your doing your job , while looking for a new one today!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GREAT ADVICE

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an EDSM, 100% spot on. Can't get off this ship fast enough.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to break this to you, but selling oral "pill pushing" drugs is not going to help your resume in the long run. Get into a "tougher" sell, and one without pods. This will garner you more respect across other industries as well. Pharmaceutical pill pushing sales is never going to help you, really.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Move to a bigger city with more opportunities is the key to thriving in this world, and making money to live a good life.

Staying away from any PUBLIC traded company is the way to go as well.

Good luck.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generic Advair is going to kill the Symbicort market.