1. Novartis to pay $678 to settle kickback claims — PhRMA sues Minnesota over insulin pricing law — Amgen Enbrel patents to be upheld through 2029 — See more on our front page news Stay updated with the latest pharma-related coronavirus news on our new page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do you have 7 minutes to fill out a quick survey about ordering food for work? You’ll be entered into a raffle to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card as a thank you for your time. click here
    Dismiss Notice

Mpathy Medical

Discussion in 'Mpathy Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:23 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard some great things about this new Women's Health company in the marketplace. Innovative products that are making the Big Co's take notice, as Doc's have bought into their technology. Has anybody else seen them making noise?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am curious too! My buddy was up for an interview with them in the Birmingham AL area. Heard that they have really good benefits with very competitve commission. Anyone have any more info????

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are clearly making a mark with Physicians and gaining market share in all over the country. Some of the Doc's that I work with have had great things to say about Mpathy's products. Definitely a Co to keep an eye on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, nice job hyping your own company!Just got back from AUA and nobody is excited about the Mpathy product. Just another sling with a new mesh (and we all know what can happen with new and unproven mesh materials, think Obtape).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated. I also hear that they are way over-priced and management is not willing to discount much. Good luck getting market share in large institutions, without being priced to compete with the larger Mesh Co's. Looks like a slow death to me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard things were changing over there. I have heard some bad things too but par for the course with a start up and things change very quickly there i was told, no waiting months for decisions. was thinking of looking into them as a smaller company rather than this big company mentality.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away! They are losing some of their Top Reps and others are soon to follow. The Leadership Team in place will sink this ship soon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great place to double dip . Bottom Tier reps who try to ride the bennies while they work for someone else, before they get let go by both or have to go on their own
    U KNOW WHO U R .......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an idiot. The Device industry is small enough. Who the hell is stupid enough to try and double-dip?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he just quit before he got fired . Always best to be up front what goes around will ALWAYS come around

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So stupid to try to pull off. I've been hearing some negative feedback on the Mpathy Mesh from my Doc's. Seems like they were excited to try this Mesh, but in the end it is just another Mesh in an over saturated market.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mpathy is a joke. They started out quoting an erosion/extrusion rate of 0%. ZERO! I sell for one of the big companies with a proven mesh kit...and my docs would toss me the Mpathy literature and say "Have you seen this? No extrusions!" I would laugh and ask them why they thought that was true...

Without missing a beat - they would all say "Because only 10 docs in the whole country have implanted it in a total of 27 patients!" And then laugh...

Now the erosion rate they quote is over 1/2%...working its way up.

This is nothing but overpriced Gynemesh with no trocar delivery system. They were finished before they got started.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this Company still in business?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overpriced...no contracts...no trainIng..not approved at hospitals. Leadership knows nothing about the surgical market. No clincal data to back up the ridiculous claims. They're a joke, a bunch of clowns. My friend worked for them...they have to pay people to use the produce. He had no training and no data to back anything up. He just got beat up every day. This company is run by people who decided to dabble in medical with no concept of what it takes to survive. He was told $175 at plan...says reps with proctors may be doing it but if not you're screwed. And they fire people overnight. He quit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last post pretty much nailed it, not to mention that the Mesh marketplace is ultra competitive. This Management Team has no clue how to sell within the OR/Hospital marketplace and this is their 1st time even working within this environment. The Big Boys are eating them up out in the Field, due to not being on any Contracts and having no Studies to support their claims. I had a friend work here and she said it is only a matter of time before they fall apart.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But if you are an independent rep you can make alot of money . They pay very high commission. Was in a robotic case and the doc just ripped the mesh literally . But given that pelvic floor is the fastest growth in the business of medicine , they have a nice niche . heard they have an ajustable sling coming soon

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Article on Mpathy's Minitape published on-line in December '09 by BJOG (Authors: North, Hilton, Ali-Ross and Smith) quotes a tape complication rate of 20% (predominantly mesh extrusions), 4/60 women experienced severe pain and had to exit the study and had the tape removed and a cure rate at 2 years of 10%.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell me more

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - awful paper to have associated with your product. It's going to be difficult for Reps to overcome that data. Nail in the coffin?