MRL is dead

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

Project reviews are brief with no substance or progress.
    They spend most of their time complaining about outsourcing.
    There is a great deal of "make busy" work.
    More and more meetings, yet the labs are empty.

There is no pipeline.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRL has been a zombie for the last 7 years. Things were not great before BRGOS, but that initiative effectively killed any real innovation happening in MRL. What was the lesson from that failed experiment? You can not successfully run a research organization as if it were a manufacturing organization. All of the six/lean sigma, outsourcing, 5S, externalization, insourcing, etc can not replace a scientist working at their bench making the "accidental" observation that leads to the next blockbuster.
    Good luck to my former colleagues in MRL. But keep in mind that there really are better places to use your talents.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All process, no product.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. I share your sentiment, particularly your very last statement.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get real. It has nothing to do with all the retarts in research. Your talent can be used at many of the great fast food restaurants in the area. Companies grab people from successful companies. Not failing ones. It's how that works. What could you say during an interview? What have you done in 10 years?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree, and I would also include the commercialization and global science and technology from MMD, because as MRL goes so do these departments.

There is a better life after Merck!

Merck is now the K-mart of the pharmaceutical industry!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kmart is better ran. I do agree the company failed because they failed. Bring the people from 20 years ago out of retirement and we will do fine. They made the company great. We just rode on their coattails.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a masters degree in engineering. Where did you get yours from?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I degree from America? That is funny. The American school system is worthless. Always was. America took the best scientists from the world after WWII that gave them an edge. Since 1980 the engineering degree is equal to a high school degree in most advanced countries. Americans are very lazy and have a false sense of entitlement. People here are not very smart.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be an American. Way to prove your point, dude!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apologies, English is my forth language. Funny how there are really 3 HUBS. Two in China, one in England. There will also be two empty HUBS in America. They don’t expect anything out of them. We will call them the entitlement HUBS of America.

Thanks for pointing out my error. Americans would become defensive and blame others. Other cultures are not so arrogant and stupid. Maybe you can go plays video games now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah.... but here you are, trolling around CP. Don't you have more important things to do than spend your precious time here? You don't seem that smart.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

look what they are doing with Rutger's chemistry classes. it's already a crappy major there and they are going to dumb it down further because students are failing. that is pretty pathetic. steer clear of that school for chemistry and engineering. maybe the person is right. rather than fixing things we lower the bar.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the issues...... Last 4 years a disaster. Too much process and little freedom in labs to discover! No flex time on the bench just run assays. Outsourcing worked well (ha ha) many assays returned due to external capability and cost. Then the clean out 5S (AND no one accountable!). Metters cut after BRGOS, why not 5S cheerleaders? A far cry from the organization even 10 years ago. merger too! More people, more sites with every advanced molecule from the purchase a failure.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You get what you pay for. Merck made the role of "project manager" the holy grail. Pencil pushing meeting holders conference callers. Merck prays at the alter of the status update. When the people who report the science get paid more than the scientists, you get less science and more just talk. I am a certified project manager myself, and know this truth from living it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRL is constantly starting over, reinventing the wheel after poor decisions and no accountability for those decisions. WP is just one example of many. Many Top performers let go while average performers retained. What sense does that make?
    MRL is dead as long as the people making these decisions remain. Whose to blame? Many of those at fault for this travesty are from across the pond.
    Perlmutter will fail because he kept many of the wrong people.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rupert, nice to here from you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was not me, it was Tillyer.

Rupert

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup - this is a by product of the six sigma driven pencil pushing Wharton School
    Dimwits who have run the company into the ground. More about the process and the bullshit than it is about the actual results. Thank Prick Clark for all of this.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree the 5S cheerleaders need to be tossed out - we all know who these pricks are , many VP ass kissers